User Tag List

123 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default Dorner, hero? villian? both? or just mentally ill?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009

LOS ANGELES -- Former LAPD police officer and Navy reservist Christopher Jordan Dorner is currently on the run from police. In an online manifesto posted on his Facebook profile, he implicated himself in the shooting deaths of Cal State Fullerton basketball coach Monica Quan and her fiance, Keith Lawrence. They were discovered in their car Sunday evening.

Dorner is also suspected of ambushing police officers early Thursday morning. He is believed to have shot a pair of police on security detail, grazing one officer. Then he allegedly ambushed a second pair of officers at a stop light, killing one cop and critically wounding another.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck warned the public that Dorner was considered armed and dangerous in a press conference Thursday morning. He described the past 24 hours as "night of extreme tragedy in the Los Angeles area."

Yet in spite of the police department's warnings, Facebook pages in support of Dorner have popped up in the hours since Beck's press conference.

One simply titled "Christopher Jordan Dorner," which went live at about 1 p.m. PST, has been posting inspirational meme photos with motivational quotes like this one from singer Jim Morrison: "Expose yourself to your deepest fear after that fear has no power and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."

The "About" section of the page describes Dorner as "a man with morals and a hero" and "a real rebel with a cause."

Another page, called "I Support Christopher Jordan Dorner," says it all in the title. The page's only post: a link to Dorner's unedited manifesto, complete with the names of all the people he blames for his dismissal from the LAPD (news sources, including The Huffington Post, are carrying versions of his manifesto with the names excised).

People who appear to be supporters of Dorner are commenting on the Facebook pages about his manifesto, in which he claims that he was dismissed from the LAPD in 2008 after reporting that a superior used excessive force against a suspect with schizophrenia.

"If you read the letter he definitely knows what he's talking about, someone needs to really dig deeper" wrote one commenter.

Another writes, "The police are guilty of murder, he is a good cop dusting the dirt off the table."

But one Facebook commenter is suspicious of both the timing and the bizarre content of these "fanpages," accusing the local police of setting up dummy pages to spy on Dorner's supporters. Nonetheless, he still expresses support for him. From the Facebook page:

this is obviously a government page to see who is all looking at it NSA FBI DHS ect..... none the less mr Dorner is a real American hero at this point in time the police are not on the side of the American people but only serve to protect the interest of the elite and to keep the common man down and out i pray a million Christopher Dorners are born to take on the illegitimate government!! death to the LAPD

In addition to two positive fan pages set up for Dorner, three negative ones have sprung up. One accuses him of being a "crooked former cop who never wore the badge with honor, courage, and commitment." Another is posting news updates about the manhunt, and a third is simply titled, "Kill Christopher Jordan Dorner."

Multiple Southern California police departments and thousands of officers have fanned out across Nevada, Arizona and Mexico to find Dorner, according to the Associated Press.

during their search for dorner, lapd has shot 3 civilians that happened to be driving the same vehicle in appearance as his. its a holds no bars, all out war and whoever gets in the way, oh well.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Hero? Whatever these cops have supposedly done, he's targetting not just people who he says wronged him, but their families.

"I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours"

"Look your wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to why your children are dead."

I think I've already said this two times this week here (on unrelated incidents), but I hate people who ramble about conspiracy. Whatever dangers they see, they always happen to be even more dangerous than whatever it is they're pointing at. I might be open to understanding a little bit if he began a campaign of targetting the officers in his manifesto. Instead he goes after innocent people.

MBTI
    INTP

Not a hero and probably not mentally ill

I would say he is a textbook example of a terrorist, most likely guilty of murder and a handful of lesser crimes

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Hero? I don't know. I'm not sure he's a villain either. The LAPD is an incredibly corrupt organization. I will say I'm more on the side of this guy than the LAPD.

I have little concern for the families of the police officers. When you engage in systematic corruption like the LAPD has a history of doing, you open the door for this type of response.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

did he actually gun down those 2 people or could it be just a way to get the public on the departments side? yes, im doubting this.

you can take away someones future by destroying their reputation, especially when their position rest so heavily on the integrity of their character, if it follows that he is trying to destroy their future, it could also mean that he is going directly after them, or their reputation as well.

but why would you assassinate someones reputation? pretty simple, to take away their credibility whatever they may have.

the fact that the department has shot civilians, just seems to be proving his point. you`re not safe as a civilian from criminal or the ones that are to defend you.

they will silence him before he makes it into court, and his side won`t be seen or heard.

everything goes through filters before we get news

bottom line for me, there is no heroism in harming and killing innocent people and its this that should be brought to an end
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Here is a link to a supposedly uncensored copy of his manifesto.

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/...-lapd-officers
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Not a hero and probably not mentally ill

I would say he is a textbook example of a terrorist, most likely guilty of murder and a handful of lesser crimes
    No argument with that.

I dont get why people rush to heap praise on people on the rampagne taking other peoples lives. There's a lot more worthy causes out there if you're a cause follower sort of person.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No argument with that.

I dont get why people rush to heap praise on people on the rampagne taking other peoples lives. There's a lot more worthy causes out there if you're a cause follower sort of person.
    This has a lot of parallels to the Israeli/Palestinian situation. In both situations you have a someone who has no legal avenue to pursue justice facing an enemy who is significantly more powerful. This sort of power imbalance inevitably leads to the use of terrorist-like tactics. In the end, Dorner will be labeled a terrorist/psychopath/etc and killed. The LAPD will continue with its incredibly corrupt practices.

This guy was fired for being a whistleblower. IMO, the LAPD brought this on themselves.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This has a lot of parallels to the Israeli/Palestinian situation. In both situations you have a someone who has no legal avenue to pursue justice facing an enemy who is significantly more powerful. This sort of power imbalance inevitably leads to the use of terrorist-like tactics. In the end, Dorner will be labeled a terrorist/psychopath/etc and killed. The LAPD will continue with its incredibly corrupt practices.

This guy was fired for being a whistleblower. IMO, the LAPD brought this on themselves.
    I dont think there's equivalence here, I also dont think being fired for being a whistleblower, if its even the cause, is sufficient grounds to launch a one man killing spree.

Go read:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think there's equivalence here, I also dont think being fired for being a whistleblower, if its even the cause, is sufficient grounds to launch a one man killing spree.

Go read:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory
    I'm not trying to argue that his cause was just. I'm just saying this shouldn't surprise anyone (I don't think he's "crazy", either). This is what happens when you have an abuse of power.