User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I feel the need to say this... Hero or villain is irrelevant to my opinion of him. What is important is that up to a point I supported and was rooting for him. I even supported the idea of his revenge against against those he perceived as having wronged him. However, at a certain point, he went too far. He lost sight of his original goal.

He had the opportunity to make a point, and bring attention to an important issue, but when he went too far, he lost my support.

For the sake of the thread, I'm going to go with "both", as there were definitely elements of both, in my opinion.

If anything, I think it was amusing how far the LAPD went to prove everything he said right in their pursuit of Dorner. Perhaps a better question would be are the LAPD heroes, villains, or both?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What do you mean? The first people he killed were a cop's daughter and her fiancé, two people utterly unrelated to his issues except by...bloodline? DNA? WTF. Then he kills a San Bernardino Country sheriff. And these are only the people that he killed...that's not to mention those wounded, and the general state of terror that he brought onto the region over a personal grievance. It wasn't even principled (and please don't mention the ravings in his pathetic and embarrassing "manifesto.")

If he did in fact do all these things, then there is no interpretation of his actions which could persuade me that he is anything but a crazy fuck that engaged in villainous deeds. That's not to say that the LAPD is not also villainous...fuck da police...but come on! You have to be a fairly confused and or morally repugnant person to call him a hero.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    What do you mean? The first people he killed were a cop's daughter and her fiancé, two people utterly unrelated to his issues except by...bloodline? DNA? WTF. Then he kills a San Bernardino Country sheriff. And these are only the people that he killed...that's not to mention those wounded, and the general state of terror that he brought onto the region over a personal grievance. It wasn't even principled (and please don't mention the ravings in his pathetic and embarrassing "manifesto.")

If he did in fact do all these things, then there is no interpretation of his actions which could persuade me that he is anything but a crazy fuck that engaged in villainous deeds. That's not to say that the LAPD is not also villainous...fuck da police...but come on! You have to be a fairly confused and or morally repugnant person to call him a hero.
    Agreed.

Bear with me here (I won't really do this), but if I was that pissed, it'd be a longer, focused campaign of surveillance on police representatives and sniping them off one by one. And not even saying anything about it. I'd be a sick anti-hero at best, but hey, at least i chose meaningful targets. Instead of "stalking some cop's daughter and son-in-law" after a super bowl party, and gunning down these two people who have nothing to do with anything.