First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    If he was preoccupied with revealing corruption, go to the media. Get on 60 Minutes. Write a letter.

Or murder innocents only tangentially or unrelated to your life and hope self-righteous, ego-stroking infamy is a substitute for dialogue?

I know which one I would choose.
    Yeah, he's just a fucking nutbag.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    nutbag.
    That word is making me laugh more than I should.

Apparently they had a faceoff yesterday. But now it's unclear if they did. Some guy was locked up in a cabin and killed one of the cops. Then the cabin went up in flames. Now the cabin is too hot to look around for a body.

MBTI
    ISTP

Several people including the owners of the home who initially called it in as well as the park ranger whos truck he hijacked saw him and said he fit the description. It's him. C'mon. What are the chances there's another guy running around that area that matches his description, hijacking vehicles and shooting at police with high power weaponry.

Guess I was wrong, though, he probably got shot and then shot himself. Then set the place on fire same as his truck. CBS said they heard a single distinctive shot ring out followed by the sound of all his ammunition going off from being set on fire. If it turns out he took the cowardly way out that should conclude the question of heroism. Personally I believe he had too much pride or mental issues to see reality anymore. Underneath it all he knew he was a sham from the beginning. If he really believed in his cause he would have gone out shooting as many LAPD as possible. Instead he just sets his ammunition on fire and shoots himself.

I mean, seriously, why light your own ammunition on fire... to prevent "the enemy" from getting it? Like the LAPD needs it. I concur with the consensus of nutbag.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

^^ I suppose because even a broken clock is right twice a day we should all run out and stand behind the value of broken clocks. Is this failed reasoning what passes for cleverness and inspiration nowadays?

Payasos.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    ^^ I suppose because even a broken clock is right twice a day we should all run out and stand behind the value of broken clocks. Is this failed reasoning what passes for cleverness and inspiration nowadays?

Payasos.
    A lot of people have legitimate beefs with cops, but they don't know how to pick their battles. I don't think they're trying to be clever. Hating the police is borne from experience (I'm not one of them btw).

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    A lot of people have legitimate beefs with cops, but they don't know how to pick their battles. I don't think they're trying to be clever. Hating the police is borne from experience (I'm not one of them bte).
    I was referring to the fools supporting Dorner thinking he is clever.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    1) It is implicit when the person justifies their own acts of murder and then we call such a person a hero.
    Who has called Dorner a hero in this thread? I know I didn't. I said I don't know if he's a hero or a villain. I view him more as a force of nature. He's not the only ex-cop who has tried to expose how corrupt the LAPD is. He's just the one who grabbed the biggest headlines.

2) He failed in both an internal investigation (which would be the most corruption resistant department in the LAPD) and in the California court system. The investigation states:

"The delay in reporting the alleged misconduct coupled with the witness' statements irreparably destroy Dorner's credibility, and bring into question his suitability for continued employment as a police officer."

Turns out, he didn't report the "incident" until 2 weeks later. Why the wait?

Court of Appeals of California ... found that Dorner may have had a motive to make a bogus complaint: Evans testified that Dorner "was going to receive an unsatisfactory probationary rating if he did not improve his performance," and the kicks were reported the day after Dorner received an evaluation.

(http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lap...iref=allsearch)

My assessment was ... 'he was probably not promoted because of his inability to follow due process'. In fact, he was fired for not following due process, then failed in due process in the courts and 'instead of accepting that he projects the blame onto someone else and murders them'. Ability to serve justice within the constraints of due process is the hallmark of a successful police officer. Dorner was not able to follow the rules and so he took matters into his own hands. Ironically, he is a prime example of the very corruption (breaking the rules for self-serving reasons) he claims to be against.
    You're probably right about his motivation.

3) That was a joke. Die Hard is about a vigilante cop out against the world of corruption... nevermind.
    Rambo would have been a much better comparison. Mentally disturbed individual goes on a violent rampage sparked by unjust treatment.

4) Maybe the old women were a target of a local gang and they paid the police to take them out. You are right, that is obvious police corruption.
    You have a pretty narrow view of corruption if you think shooting first and asking questions later is not corrupt. I hold those in positions of authority to much higher standards than the general public.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I dont believe he was a nutbag, I believe he experienced great emotional when before everything, he had tried to do the right thing. I think dorner was one of those guys, who believed that if you worked hard enough, kept your self clean and done what was right, that you would not have to worry about much but he did not factor in one thing.

he is not white. im pretty sure people are going to brush this aside in this thread an not touch on this because no one cares about racism much
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I just want to be perfectly clear here, you believe that it is not disproportionate if you are dismissed for being a whistleblower to kill?

That you think it is proportionate, because of a loss of job to deprive others of their lives and their loved ones, whether its grand parents, parents, siblings, children of them?
    Sounds like someone TLDR'd the two sentences they chose to quote.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug