User Tag List

First 12345 Last

This guy tried to friend me on facebook earlier today. I didnt know who he was until I saw something on the news.

MBTI
    ISTx

Calling this clown a hero, or suggesting that he is is disgusting.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Hero? I don't know. I'm not sure he's a villain either. The LAPD is an incredibly corrupt organization. I will say I'm more on the side of this guy than the LAPD.

I have little concern for the families of the police officers. When you engage in systematic corruption like the LAPD has a history of doing, you open the door for this type of response.
    The LAPD and "this guy" aren't the only two entities that become involved when people are needlessly murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    The LAPD and "this guy" aren't the only two entities that become involved when people are needlessly murdered.
    God will not be mocked?

So, you think they will use this to improve the integrity and leadership of the LAPD? Or will Dorner get blamed as a lunatic and the sole cause of the violence?

MBTI
    INTP

If any good comes from his rampage, he would be a catalyst, not a hero, and no less a villain.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    1. I don't think anyone has claimed he has a right to murder. Perhaps I missed it.
    2. I think your assessment of his personality and motivations is way off. I think he's exactly the opposite of what you describe, that he's very much a by-the-book type of person (he is ex-military and had a good record). He became disillusioned by how he was treated after blowing the whistle. He talks a lot about "his name" in his manifesto. I think a lot of this has to do with "honor" and the fact that the LAPD is so overflowing with corruption that there is no chance for a legal solution.
    3. What does Die Hard have to do with this? Those movies are nothing like this situation.
    4. The LAPD is proving his claims to be true with how they shot up a vehicle that looked like Dorner's without first determining that it was his vehicle (there were a couple old ladies in the vehicle). See link below.
    5. Oakland PD is very close to being taken over by the feds. Maybe LA should be next.

1) It is implicit when the person justifies their own acts of murder and then we call such a person a hero.

2) He failed in both an internal investigation (which would be the most corruption resistant department in the LAPD) and in the California court system. The investigation states:

"The delay in reporting the alleged misconduct coupled with the witness' statements irreparably destroy Dorner's credibility, and bring into question his suitability for continued employment as a police officer."

Turns out, he didn't report the "incident" until 2 weeks later. Why the wait?

Court of Appeals of California ... found that Dorner may have had a motive to make a bogus complaint: Evans testified that Dorner "was going to receive an unsatisfactory probationary rating if he did not improve his performance," and the kicks were reported the day after Dorner received an evaluation.

(http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lap...iref=allsearch)

My assessment was ... 'he was probably not promoted because of his inability to follow due process'. In fact, he was fired for not following due process, then failed in due process in the courts and 'instead of accepting that he projects the blame onto someone else and murders them'. Ability to serve justice within the constraints of due process is the hallmark of a successful police officer. Dorner was not able to follow the rules and so he took matters into his own hands. Ironically, he is a prime example of the very corruption (breaking the rules for self-serving reasons) he claims to be against.

3) That was a joke. Die Hard is about a vigilante cop out against the world of corruption... nevermind.

4) Maybe the old women were a target of a local gang and they paid the police to take them out. You are right, that is obvious police corruption.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

there is a history with the department that is a pattern that is not favorable, its also possible that he was an emotionally disturbed person. maybe he had some mental illness that was not caught and the situation in the department and his undiagnosed condition fed into each other. i dont think this guy is a psychopath like they make him out to be though. he seemed on paper like a nice guy, dutiful and respectful. he has a good standing of not being a prick, which is rarer that most people.

i believe he was very sensitive to racial slights and was a sensitive person.

now is the lapd corrupt. many minorities might say so. are there any kkk organizations serving under the badge? possibly. there is a history there. would that get in the way of a possibly fair assessment of someone on the outside? yes. can we say it was the particular case with this individual?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ISTP

Looks like they found him where he was expected to be. He hasn't been caught yet, though. Wonder if he's going to get shot by LAPD or surrender... considering he is supposed to have a lot of guns, I'm thinking he's gonna end up shot, possibly not killed and then taken into custody.

If he was preoccupied with revealing corruption, go to the media. Get on 60 Minutes. Write a letter.

Or murder innocents only tangentially or unrelated to your life and hope self-righteous, ego-stroking infamy is a substitute for dialogue?

I know which one I would choose.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke