User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm not trying to argue that his cause was just. I'm just saying this shouldn't surprise anyone (I don't think he's "crazy", either). This is what happens when you have an abuse of power.
    I dont think that's self-evident and I dont think it should be so, there's no kind of proportionality in that thinking, witness an abuse of power go on to kill. Its a serious escalation and the trigger, the abuse of power, could easily be a pretext needed by an unhealthy personality to show its true colours.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think that's self-evident and I dont think it should be so, there's no kind of proportionality in that thinking, witness an abuse of power go on to kill. Its a serious escalation and the trigger, the abuse of power, could easily be a pretext needed by an unhealthy personality to show its true colours.
    If you're talking about escalation and a lack of proportionality, you must not know much about the LAPD. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I called it one of the most corrupt organizations in the US.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTP

He has no right to murder anyone. The fact that he is dealing with things this way proves he didn't have what it takes to be a police officer and follow due process which is probably why he never got promoted. Instead of accepting that he projects the blame onto someone else and murders them. I don't know what I'd call that... not a hero, not mentally ill, more like a deranged individual that belongs in prison.

People who support him have seen too many Die Hard movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think there's equivalence here
    A lack of equivalence doesn't mean that the LAPD is in the right or that his cause is not just. It just means his reaction is disproportionate.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    A lack of equivalence doesn't mean that the LAPD is in the right or that his cause is not just. It just means his reaction is disproportionate.
    I just want to be perfectly clear here, you believe that it is not disproportionate if you are dismissed for being a whistleblower to kill?

That you think it is proportionate, because of a loss of job to deprive others of their lives and their loved ones, whether its grand parents, parents, siblings, children of them?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    He has no right to murder anyone. The fact that he is dealing with things this way proves he didn't have what it takes to be a police officer and follow due process which is probably why he never got promoted. Instead of accepting that he projects the blame onto someone else and murders them. I don't know what I'd call that... not a hero, not mentally ill, more like a deranged individual that belongs in prison.

I'm not even sure that Die Hard would be the appropriate reference, although I know what you mean.

People say things in threads like these which I think betray a lack of really having thought about what they are saying.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post

1. I don't think anyone has claimed he has a right to murder. Perhaps I missed it.
    2. I think your assessment of his personality and motivations is way off. I think he's exactly the opposite of what you describe, that he's very much a by-the-book type of person (he is ex-military and had a good record). He became disillusioned by how he was treated after blowing the whistle. He talks a lot about "his name" in his manifesto. I think a lot of this has to do with "honor" and the fact that the LAPD is so overflowing with corruption that there is no chance for a legal solution.
    3. What does Die Hard have to do with this? Those movies are nothing like this situation.
    4. The LAPD is proving his claims to be true with how they shot up a vehicle that looked like Dorner's without first determining that it was his vehicle (there were a couple old ladies in the vehicle). See link below.
    5. Oakland PD is very close to being taken over by the feds. Maybe LA should be next.

Look at how awesome the LAPD is:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...omen-shot.html

Two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said.

The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.
    It was not immediately known what newspapers the women were delivering. After the shooting, the blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers lay in the street alongside.
    I'm sure the LAPD coverup of this shooting has already started.

Edit: That's not the only vehicle the police shot up. There was another similar vehicle where the police shot first and asked questions later. Fortunately, no one was hurt in that incident. The LAPD is roaming around California shooting vehicles that look like Dorner's without even determining if it's actually his vehicle first. I think Obama should send in the military and start arresting LAPD officers as terrorists. They're no better than Dorner.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

LAPD's handiwork, the 71-year old driver is still in the ICU

The police are already trying to blame the women in the truck for the shooting, saying they were driving with their lights off. Typical LAPD.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Its pretty sick that problems with authority have gotten to such a pitch that its alright to generalise about an entire service and consider their shooting in cold blood to be warranted.

Like the idea of lawful authority itself is bunk.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The grandiose tone gives away the case to mental illness. Also, he looks like LL Cool J.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness