First 91011

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Hmm. I disagree, on an ethical level and also a legal one.

Let's say you go to the store and say "I'm here to pick up my package, I'm John Doe." And you're not John Doe. They hand you the package like nothing.

Is that less theft? Less brazen, perhaps, but still theft. So what if a girl gives out titty pics like candy to her friends? Her tits, her friends. But legally speaking, I don't know what can be done in this case.
    Ehhh but that really depends on if we're talking him impersonating specific people, or just creating some generic girl to become a "friend". As far as I have read, there's no talk of specific identity theft, just him posing as a chick. If it was specific identity theft, then I agree with you. If not - if they friended some rando asking for nudies - then...

I agree with you in terms of prosecuting extortion and hacking. It'll be interesting to see how the case pans out.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Ehhh but that really depends on if we're talking him impersonating specific people, or just creating some generic girl to become a "friend". As far as I have read, there's no talk of specific identity theft, just him posing as a chick. If it was specific identity theft, then I agree with you. If not - if they friended some rando asking for nudies - then...

I agree with you in terms of prosecuting extortion and hacking. It'll be interesting to see how the case pans out.
    ah, that would make a difference. i read it as a specific friend. perhaps not?

ah, see salome's link to the press release.

According to the indictment, Kazaryan gained unauthorized access to – in other words, hacked into – the victims’ accounts, and changed the passwords, which locked victims out of their own online accounts. Once he controlled the accounts, Kazaryan searched emails or other files for naked or semi-naked pictures of the victims, as well as other information, such as passwords and the names of their friends. Using that information, Kazaryan posed online as women, sent instant messages to their friends, and persuaded the friends to remove their clothing so that he could view and take pictures of them.

When the victims discovered that they were not speaking with their friends, Kazaryan often extorted them again, using the photos he had fraudulently obtained to again coerce the victims to remove their clothing on camera.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    ah, that would make a difference. i read it as a specific friend. perhaps not?

ah, see salome's link to the press release.
    Ah, yep, that makes it creepier / worse. Thanks for the clarification.

</ENFP misses significant detail, no one is surprised>