User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    Beh, Orangey has a point. I think the difference lies in the responses Ive seen. Neither party are willing to work together but...not to sound like a 12 year old, but the MRAs started it. This is just my experience from being in both sort of online places, but feminists often seem willing to sympathize with mens issues. The internet MRAs im aware of only ever talk about women's issues to belittle and disregard them. Go check out r/MRA over on reddit if you want to see what I mean. They arent a hate group, but they are on the brink of it.

I actually spent a while on reddit trying to interact with them, because I really wanted to know the truth of it. My most telling experience was replying to a thread of lists that gave the many things the MRAs would want to feature in their ideal world. I replied to the first list. Of the 12 world-changes listed, I agreed with 10 of them (One of them was to ban feminism as a conspiracy). I told them I considered myself a feminist and agreed with most of their points, maybe we arent so different after all? The only responses I got were arguments. They arent interested in cooperation, as they arent really interested in their apparent goals.
    Then if not the specific group of the MRA, to simply men who have issues/concerns and women who have issues and concerns. I understand reacting to prejudice where you see it.

When dealing with a party who only wants to "win" as measured by your "loss", you are in a state of competition, regardless of what you want, by default. However, this can easily lead to the massive distraction inevitably caused by the ensuing battle unless, throughout all of this, you can see what you're trying to establish in the end.

Lose sight of that, and you're just going to get endless war.

I'm not talking about you personally, but one can choose to condemn their prejudice as an example, but that doesn't improve their standing. Maybe it helps with looks in some eyes, but it's important to notice if there is an alternative of any substance being provided or is it just tearing down someone else?

What I'm advocating is make the goal to end the prejudice for everyone's benefit, and show people how that works - keeping the bigger goal in mind.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I just had an epiphany.

Modern feminism is like any other cult/business/political party: It panders to its demographics.

In this instance, I'd surmise it is mostly outcasts, losers, victims, perceived victims, the damaged who need a soapbox to garner the attention or approval they never got from their parents or peers, etc.

They offer short-term solutions to long-term problems that will continue long after you've accepted them.
    The only catch is you gotta drink the Kool-Aid. And if you don't--you're a "heretic".

Do you think these people genuinely care about you? They don't give a fuck about you. You're a number. A soldier that will march gleefully to the drums. A mindless follower that they can bend to their will.

This is a universal constant among social groups and throughout history. Uniformity. Conformity. Homogeneity. You're required to surrender your identity to fulfill the agenda(s) of your masters. And the masters get their way more oft than not--weak people are embarrassingly easy to exploit with this method. Remember that subversive German movement back in the day? You know? The one that launched the second World War? That wasn't very hard to achieve, was it?

I don't know who is more responsible: The man drinking the Kool-Aid or the man who offers it.
    Then again: If those people refused to drink the Kool-Aid, the man who offered it would be left with his dick in his hands.

Food for thought. Don't think about it too hard. You may end up with a nosebleed.

Feminism rests within Western culture because the values of the West are freedom and equality, and in particular, the equality of women.

Women have already made gains towards equality in the West by the abolition of institutional slavery of women in 1833, and the emancipation of women in 1904, and we might add, women's liberation in the 1960s.

However we have some way to go before we realize the full equality of women in the West.

One of the problems is that women have been conditioned to desire unequal relationships. And changing desire is an herculean task.

So we need patience and persistence, knowing our culture is on our side.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I just had an epiphany.

Modern feminism is like any other cult/business/political party
    This required an epiphany?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I just had an epiphany.

Modern feminism is like any other cult/business/political party: It panders to its demographics.

In this instance, I'd surmise it is mostly outcasts, losers, victims, perceived victims, the damaged who need a soapbox to garner the attention or approval they never got from their parents or peers, etc.

They offer short-term solutions to long-term problems that will continue long after you've accepted them.
    The only catch is you gotta drink the Kool-Aid. And if you don't--you're a "heretic".

Do you think these people genuinely care about you? They don't give a fuck about you. You're a number. A soldier that will march gleefully to the drums. A mindless follower that they can bend to their will.

This is a universal constant among social groups and throughout history. Uniformity. Conformity. Homogeneity. You're required to surrender your identity to fulfill the agenda(s) of your masters. And the masters get their way more oft than not--weak people are embarrassingly easy to exploit with this method. Remember that subversive German movement back in the day? You know? The one that launched the second World War? That wasn't very hard to achieve, was it?

I don't know who is more responsible: The man drinking the Kool-Aid or the man who offers it.
    Then again: If those people refused to drink the Kool-Aid, the man who offered it would be left with his dick in his hands.

Food for thought. Don't think about it too hard. You may end up with a nosebleed.
    lolz. Your trolling would be more interesting if it was less obvious, bro. Nice effort, though. C+.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    intp

I chuckle to think of the reaction from folks like the OP if women were to "offer" so-called "equal" behavior. Talk about an offer people would only be too eager to refuse.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This required an epiphany?
    Yes, it did. A hovering light bulb and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    lolz. Your trolling would be more interesting if it was less obvious, bro. Nice effort, though. C+.
    C's will get you degrees.
    And I ain't trolling.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Women are becoming more equal to men in more ways than one

I think the "leftover ladies" phenomenon is not just a chinese one, but one in places of high wealth (normally cosmopolitan places) throughout the world because women in general seek a higher status mate than whatever social/financial class they are born into

of course because women are earning more degrees than men women are being forced to marry down more often

however this does not necessarily bode well for their relationships

in more ways than one

So basically, people have a choice to make. Either find someone that you can be happy with for a long time and/or change your life to get what you want or we can all just continue to fuck each other over. Too bad human beings are not rational creatures or perhaps we would all be able to have more happiness than we otherwise would have if we choose to continue to act in the manner that we have been

Now here is the cue for the conservatives to say, "I told you so."
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    I chuckle to think of the reaction from folks like the OP if women were to "offer" so-called "equal" behavior. Talk about an offer people would only be too eager to refuse.
    Seriously.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness