User Tag List

First 1624252627 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    What are your thoughts on "slut" shaming? I've been reading the last few pages of this thread and I found them very interesting.
    The flip side of this is "virgin worship", which doesn't get as much attention but is a part of it.

Well, inevitably there is going to be disagreement between groups who view each other as prudish or libertine. In some cases, their views may be influenced by the traditional concept that women are pure and chaste, or they might be motivated by a desire to conquer with sexual conquests. Both are ways of exerting control. Or they might be influenced by individual beliefs on what works for them - if they rather have one sexual partner or many and finding a partner who is ok with that.

I believe that many sexual partners does not equal a lack of morals or a need to go after 'conquest' (although it might). I'm not into shaming in general, I'd just point out that cheating on your spouse or pursuing sex for validation is unhealthy. But having sex for pleasure? Or recognizing that sex is intimate (to varying degrees) without needing that intimacy to be binding or possessive? I think that's ok.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Yes, yes. Because dipping bits of bread inside a soft-boiled egg and having ever-so-slightly more income than breadline makes my point of view naive and incorrect I suppose?
    No. Your point of view makes your point of view naive and incorrect. I know you were trying to impress. You just failed. Like completely. Embarrassingly.
    It happens.
    I'm going to be honest with you here and I know how you come across to others is not your concern.
    Not yours either, as it goes.
    But you have been nothing short of completely repulsive and completely illogical. A deplorable testatement to humanity if I've ever seen one.
    Repulsive, I can live with. Illogical...hardly. You're being hysterical again. I can just see you stomping your wee foot and tearing up. Take a few deep breaths and count to ten.
    Drop the inferior-Fe routine and excessive sarcasm.
    Lol. Unlikely.
    You're more tolerable and intelligent when you just stick to the Ti.
    Sadly, one can't say the same about you.
    I won't contribute to this thread anymore and I'm going to leave this site for a while just in case I cross paths with you again which isn't a prospect I'm too thrilled about.
    Damn. Welp. I'm sure you'll be missed.

/just the right amount of sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I doubt that is a common (or even rare, for the matter) event.
    Did you mean to say that?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    ...said the middle-class white essex boy, while his Mummy made him eggy soldiers and a nice cup of tea.
    I dunno, I went to Essex once...I wouldn't recommend it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Now, now. We don't want to be dealing in tired old stereotypes, do we?
    I have it on good authority that not everyone in Essex is an orange moron.
    It only seems that way because they keep the other colours out of daylight. Generally in parental basements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    The flip side of this is "virgin worship", which doesn't get as much attention but is a part of it.

Well, inevitably there is going to be disagreement between groups who view each other as prudish or libertine. In some cases, their views may be influenced by the traditional concept that women are pure and chaste, or they might be motivated by a desire to conquer with sexual conquests. Both are ways of exerting control. Or they might be influenced by individual beliefs on what works for them - if they rather have one sexual partner or many and finding a partner who is ok with that.

I believe that many sexual partners does not equal a lack of morals or a need to go after 'conquest' (although it might). I'm not into shaming in general, I'd just point out that cheating on your spouse or pursuing sex for validation is unhealthy. But having sex for pleasure? Or recognizing that sex is intimate (to varying degrees) without needing that intimacy to be binding or possessive? I think that's ok.
    Ah yes, I've seen that before. Virgins are supposed to be clean and appropriate while "whores" are dirty and disgusting.

Ineteresting, and I completely agree with you.
    I really like cats and food.

Sounds nice and all, but most whores actually are disgusting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Which whores are not disgusting?

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    most whores actually are disgusting.
    When we legalise and regulate sex work, we stop insulting women by calling them 'whores' and give them the dignity of calling them 'sex workers'. We give them the dignity of labour. And so they can unionise to protect themselves from those who attack and insult them. And in Oz they can politicise by affiliating with the Labor Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When we legalise and regulate sex work, we stop insulting women by calling them 'whores' and give them the dignity of calling them 'sex workers'. We give them the dignity of labour. And so they can unionise to protect themselves from those who attack and insult them. And in Oz they can politicise by affiliating with the Labor Party.
    I'm not talking about sex workers.