User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Personally I find the biggest attention seeking feminists are ENFP's. Those are the ones we love to hate because they're not actually fighting for a cause, they just want something to complain about.

Otherwise I'm all for ending women's suffrage.

/joking

The Hatred of Women

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Personally I find the biggest attention seeking feminists are ENFP's. Those are the ones we love to hate because they're not actually fighting for a cause, they just want something to complain about.

Otherwise I'm all for ending women's suffrage.

/joking
    Misogyny is the hatred of women, even when misogyny is disguised as a joke.

We first learnt publicly that men hated women in Germaine Greer's famous book, "The Female Eunuch", in 1970.

And as we watch, Typology Central is now being used to promulgate the hatred of women.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Misogyny is the hatred of women, even when misogyny is disguised as a joke.

We first learnt publicly that men hated women in Germaine Greer's famous book, "The Female Eunuch", in 1970.

And as we watch, Typology Central is now being used to promulgate the hatred of women.
    First of all, I'm not a mysogynist, I hate all humans equally. But since this thread is about women I couldn't help it. That joke was from the man-show in case no one realized it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I won't deny women had a rough time over the last couple millenia. Doesn't mean its good for them to hate me for having a penis in the year 2013. From what I last heard, the modern feminism is more or less an attempt to rival ESTP vagina conquest. "See look, I can be a playa too!" I still think those people are looking for attention. At this point women have all the rights men have except for the hate spurred by the simple fact that they're different. That's never going away and no large mass of angry people is going to change the minds of a few rednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I won't deny women had a rough time over the last couple millenia. Doesn't mean its good for them to hate me for having a penis in the year 2013. From what I last heard, the modern feminism is more or less an attempt to rival ESTP vagina conquest. "See look, I can be a playa too!" I still think those people are looking for attention. At this point women have all the rights men have except for the hate spurred by the simple fact that they're different. That's never going away and no large mass of angry people is going to change the minds of a few rednecks.
    If it was just rednecks, it might be relatively easy to silence them (by letting drugs and poverty destroy their communities and hopes, etc.., possibly slowing some desire for breeding or giving them more important things to stress about). But the opposition to feminism comes in many stripes. Some at the highest, waspy levels.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    If it was just rednecks, it might be relatively easy to silence them (by letting drugs and poverty destroy their communities and hopes, etc.., possibly slowing some desire for breeding or giving them more important things to stress about). But the opposition to feminism comes in many stripes. Some at the highest, waspy levels.
    Yeah, this. A lot of misogyny comes from our government itself. Plus the media constantly objectifies women and rape culture's still a very serious thing.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    It might help you zerohero, to realize the ways inwhich men are unfairly disadvantaged in comparison to women are usually not feminism's fault.

Most of the army is male, and so men are the ones dying on the battlefield? Thank traditional gender roles (i.e. the patriarchy). Feminists (usually) want equal opportunities in the armed forces; women in combat roles.
    Men expected to pay for the meal? Gender roles again. Feminists (usually) would support a shared responsibility.
    Men unfairly treated in divorce and child custody cases? Le gender roules? Women are homemakers/better nurturers. Feminist (usually) would agree with that line.

Men blaming feminism and women for their inequality is like a father blaming a passerby for not stopping his daughter stick lego up her nose. Yes, it would have been good of the passerby to stop her, but it wasnt an obligation, and it certainly isn't the passerby's fault that the girl's nose is now full of brick. Its not the passerby's responsibility. Really the blame is more on the father, who should have been paying attention and working hard to prevent any nasal cavity insertions.

Want to know why men are unequal? Because so far they have shown a near total lack of interest. Feminism has done more for men's equality than any male-led movement has.
    I love this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    1) The pompous, overprivileged, prejudicial white woman who doesn't truly face adversity but uses feminism as a way to promote herself and appear more intelligent than she really is. You know? The ones who make the legitimate and thoughtful members look really bad by being clumped in with them?

2) Everybody deserves "rights". We live in an age of entitlement and modern feminism is an extension of this.

Oh, you mean that bullshit we constantly promote to appear noble? Effective marketing scheme.
    I don't buy it. This is America--there is no moral integrity. People are people and they're mostly shit.

White guilt.

Well, it isn't. Apologies all around for being the bearer of bad news.
    I actually kind of agree with this though. Those feminists are pretentious and self-righteous. Honestly, that's why I don't identity myself as a feminist although I definitely believe in women's rights. I'm of color and race privilege is often dismissed by them.

MBTI
    XXFP

bullet points:
    Maturity stems from accepting people for what they are and acknowledging that life is not fair.
    - One aspect of maturity, but sure.

regarding the topic of Taliban in Pakistan and suppression of women education
    Irrelevant.
    - Irrelevant if the topic is feminism as you see it in the US. But relevant to general state of prejudice in the world.

I've known several. Can't say I empathize with them much; they were pretty unlikable and abusive.
    I wouldn't fall prey to the trap that anyone who is victimized is an innocent perfect flower crushed by the jaws of oppression, but being raped is pretty shitty. While life isn't fair, it's pretty clear that something could be done to change this. The culture can be changed.

Modern feminists make a parody of the issue.

Recall what I said about "pandering" to the demographic in a previous post.
    They WANT victims so they can fuel their agenda.
    I'd say there are people who do this

Some people bond as a group over seeing why other people suck in order to feel justified. That isn't actually working toward anything. However, I think you can change cultures and perceptions by getting people to agree to actually do things that are productive.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo
    Who are you talking about, in any of this?
    Women's Rights Activists, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by coriolis
    1. What definition of "feminist" are you using?
    1) The pompous, overprivileged, prejudicial white woman who doesn't truly face adversity but uses feminism as a way to promote herself and appear more intelligent than she really is. You know? The ones who make the legitimate and thoughtful members look really bad by being clumped in with them?
    Given all the confusion generated? Disagreeing with ya on that one, for a lot of people, that was not obvious. Fair or not, people tend to start filling in blanks. And then things get out of hand and labels get tossed around.

Another reason why the clarity that comes from ridding yourself of prejudice is such a good thing.

2) Everybody deserves "rights". We live in an age of entitlement and modern feminism is an extension of this.
    This is probably an unpopular sentiment but I actually don't believe in human "rights" in the way I hear it often. Originally it was an idea that "rights" were something handed down by god and so intrinsically emanate from you. I think that's BS - I think it's the negotiation between individual and society which will determine the "rights" (privileges). As far as I'm concerned, it's just subjective social opinion.

So I think those opinions should be based in clarity, not undue prejudice.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Victor;2038661[url
    http://www.transparency.org/[/url]
    That's interesting.

But I don't know about the australia advert.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Ah. This is where you're coming from, then.

I agree to an extent. It pisses me off, for instance, when I read most things on Slate's Double X section, which is populated by writers of the lily white, Ivy League, whiny-as-fuck type of "feminist." In fact, a large portion of the feminist blogosphere pisses me off in the same way, with endless articles whining about shit like, "we need more plus sized models in magazines, etc.,." Or, "stop hating Lena Dunham because you think she's fat and ugly, otherwise you suck at feminism."

It's not necessarily that they're wrong, it's that they put the spotlight on stupid issues and try to paint them in a "feminist" light for legitimacy. Also, they all seem to have a sort of whiny white girl overachiever neuroticism which they assume is universal, and which they litter their writing with as though the rest of us should care.
    Glad I'm not the only one then. This get's a lot of support from the "you go girlfriend" demographic but is otherwise pretty annoying. I've never seen Slate's Double X but the top of the page was an article about Kim Kardashian and how "we're not entitled to know her baby's gender." Is this really a feminist issue? It's their business, get over it.

I only regard them as one step above writers for Cosmo, though, so they don't have an effect on my esteem for folks who actually do real feminist work of value (of which there is a lot, but it's not as interesting to popular rags like Slate or Huffpo or Salon as anything having to do with trivialities such as relationship advice and so on.)
    Name a few or some sources, for reference and curiosity.

This thread is getting interesting.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Your answer to (1) is reasonable. These "play" feminists do indeed give "legitimate" ones a bad name. Same happens in most advocacy groups, unfortunately. Assuming by (2) you mean that everyone should be accorded the same rights (and presumably held to the same responsibilities), then we are in agreement on the issue of women's rights, with our differences being mostly semantic and stylistic. Not sure what all the fuss was about.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...