User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i would continue to do what all the smart people should do today; avoid antibiotics as much as possible. sadly most people are ignorant fools who cant think even half step beyond their own belly button in the current situation, so they just take the antibiotics described by the idiot doctor(who is dictated by the pharmaceutical industry), even when there is no real reason for taking them. i wont even start to talk about idiots running some countries which allow some common antibiotics to be sold over the counter..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've been struggling with disfiguring/[on at least 2 occasions] life-threatening resistant infection for over a year now- it's absolutely going to happen, someday.

There are already resistant bacteria against Vancomycin- an IV antibiotic "drug of last resort" for certain resistant infections, like MRSA. There are maybe 2 lines of defense after that, and if those don't work, you're fucked. Yeah, MRSA is old news in the evolutionary world of bacteria. VRSA's on its way, kids.

Any doctor who doles out antibiotics like candy without doing a culture first needs to be punched. And then injected with a deadly infection. And punched again. Same goes for doctors who prescribe broad-spectrum antibiotics [used to treat MRSA] for shit like cystic acne. It doesn't even work, longterm, for that condition. Fucking stupid. I understand everyone grows a bit complacent from time to time in their place of work, but ffs, these are lives they're becoming complacent over.

I can't/don't want to imagine what horrendous creatures are colonizing people in countries who can buy that shit OTC, and get it when they have something viral, like a cold. Ugh.

The heart of the apocalypse shall be one tiny microbe.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well, well, well.

Capitalism and science are no saviours.
    Yeah, I agree because they are not yet integrated with prosociality. I hope that happens soon, because the human race can't afford for it not to.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I've been struggling with disfiguring/[on at least 2 occasions] life-threatening resistant infection for over a year now- it's absolutely going to happen, someday.

There are already resistant bacteria against Vancomycin- an IV antibiotic "drug of last resort" for certain resistant infections, like MRSA. There are maybe 2 lines of defense after that, and if those don't work, you're fucked. Yeah, MRSA is old news in the evolutionary world of bacteria. VRSA's on its way, kids.

Any doctor who doles out antibiotics like candy without doing a culture first needs to be punched. And then injected with a deadly infection. And punched again. Same goes for doctors who prescribe broad-spectrum antibiotics [used to treat MRSA] for shit like cystic acne. It doesn't even work, longterm, for that condition. Fucking stupid. I understand everyone grows a bit complacent from time to time in their place of work, but ffs, these are lives they're becoming complacent over.

I can't/don't want to imagine what horrendous creatures are colonizing people in countries who can buy that shit OTC, and get it when they have something viral, like a cold. Ugh.

The heart of the apocalypse shall be one tiny microbe.
    I am on my 2nd round of antibiotics for a year long ear infection. Couldn't imagine living with this forever...
    Dirt Farmer

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The overuse of antibiotics is actually one issue I get very, VERY worried about. We are going to have some very, very scary problems treating things that we take for granted as being 'not a big deal' right now.

Some very scary news about the first cases of antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea just came out recently. We're realistically looking at an outbreak of incurable gonorrhea in North America. That's the 2nd most common STD. If there was ever a reason to become extra cautious about using protection during sex, this is it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The overuse of antibiotics is actually one issue I get very, VERY worried about. We are going to have some very, very scary problems treating things that we take for granted as being 'not a big deal' right now.

Some very scary news about the first cases of antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea just came out recently. We're realistically looking at an outbreak of incurable gonorrhea in North America. That's the 2nd most common STD. If there was ever a reason to become extra cautious about using protection during sex, this is it.
    Yeah, I heard about that. Blegh.

On the upside in the world of sexually transmittable cooties, the crab louse has successfully made it to the endangered species list.
    /offtopic
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP

Wash your hands

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I would be really careful not to break the chain of infection.
    This has nothing to do with antibiotics but there's this new super norovirus that lives on surfaces for weeks and can only be washed off with soap and water so you basically have to never ever touch orifices ever if it's around. I'd probably walk around with a mask and gloves and have a bunch of bleach wipes around and become educated on what kills the bacteria- (I mean if a simple hand sanitizer will do then no need for hysterics.) But yea, basics- three feet away or more from the source for droplets (aka three feet bubble from everyone if possible, or mask) the obviouses for contact and kill people with airborne illnesses.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.