User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 49

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Germany and Australia

    Only two countries in the entire world are free from corruption. They are Australia and Germany.

    Is Australia the Germany of the South, while Germany is the Australia of the North?

    Read what the Wall Street Journal has to say about Germany and Australia by clicking on - http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-curr...fense-sectors/

    Or read the report from Reuters by clicking on - http://news.yahoo.com/governments-fa...020419055.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    It'd be nice if it was true, but human nature is corrupt. Borders and country labels mean little.

    Human nature can also be naive, like in your case.

  3. #3
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Good work.


    I wish I had the power to assign myself grades in college, like the Germans here are doing.

  4. #4
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    human nature is corrupt.
    The Doctrine of Original Sin tells us that human nature is corrupt.

    But we now know that all life, from the smallest bacteria to the largest Blue Whale to KDude himself, is all related through our DNA.

    And it is starting to become silly to talk of our DNA as corrupt.

    And the Doctrine of Original Sin is based on a story of Adam and Eve as the first man and woman. And gene sequencing tells us there was no first man and woman.

    So who are we to believe? A Doctrine we know isn't true, or gene sequencing which tells us with exquisite accuracy where we are in the tree of life.

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545

    Quantitative Easing is Printing Money

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I wish I had the power to assign myself grades in college, like the Germans here are doing.
    I wish we had the power to print money like the USA is doing.

  6. #6
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I wish we had the power to print money like the USA is doing.

    If you don't think the federal bank of austrailia prints its own money you're a fool.

  7. #7
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Borders and country labels mean little.
    Both Germany and Australia have procedures in place to stop corruption. Why not follow our lead and adopt our procedures? If your country were more like Germany or Australia, it would be less corrupt. And less corruption means more efficiency and a stronger economy. And this is what you are praying for at this time.

  8. #8
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Doctrine of Original Sin tells us that human nature is corrupt.

    But we now know that all life, from the smallest bacteria to the largest Blue Whale to KDude himself, is all related through our DNA.

    And it is starting to become silly to talk of our DNA as corrupt.

    And the Doctrine of Original Sin is based on a story of Adam and Eve as the first man and woman. And gene sequencing tells us there was no first man and woman.

    So who are we to believe? A Doctrine we know isn't true, or gene sequencing which tells us with exquisite accuracy where we are in the tree of life.
    Adam and Eve? Just go outside. Saints are a rarity.

  9. #9
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    If you don't think the federal bank of austrailia prints its own money you're a fool.
    You have no idea what quantitative easing means. And you have no idea why the USA can print money and have it accepted by the world. And you call me a fool.

  10. #10
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You have no idea what quantitative easing means. And you have no idea why the USA can print money and have it accepted by the world. And you call me a fool.
    The US (and other treasuries around the world) print money because there's no underlying standard they can all agree on. It used to be gold, but it's a limited resource. So we're in the unfortunate position of measuring against the dollar for now (and correct if I'm wrong, but I think the IMF has a say in what the true value is anyways). This isn't the situation I'd prefer, nor do many Americans.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Marriage Equality and Australia
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-21-2017, 03:49 PM
  3. The Hatred of Australia and Australians
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM
  4. Visiting Down Under - Australia and New Zealand
    By Qre:us in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 03:09 AM
  5. Similarities and differences between America and Nazi Germany
    By Elfboy in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO