User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The reality is we can't print money without ruining our economy, while you can print money to keep your economy afloat, and this is simply because you own, control and print the Reserve Currency of the World.
    Try to direct your responses to me as just as a person, and not pointing to me as some representative of my country. I'd be two cents that I'm poorer than you are right now. I don't own or control the Federal Reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Try to direct your responses to me as just as a person, and not pointing to me as some representative of my country. I'd be two cents that I'm poorer than you are right now. I don't own or control the Federal Reserve.
    My happiness depends on identifying with something larger than myself so I identify with Oz - it's handy, I'm sitting in it, and it doesn't object.

So why don't you identify with your Federal Reserve Bank? Can you imagine speaking to me as the Fed? How exciting that would be. You could put me in my place. And when the going got tough, you could talk in impenetrable economese.

My happiness depends on identifying with something larger than myself so I identify with Oz - it's handy, I'm sitting in it, and it doesn't object.

So why don't you identify with your Federal Reserve Bank? Can you imagine speaking to me as the Fed? How exciting that would be. You could put me in my place. And when the going got tough, you could talk in impenetrable economese.
    I see no reason to identify with larger institutions like that. I'm getting screwed just like anyone else. It's not like America prints a bunch of money at everyone else's expense, and all of us here live in Disney Land. Come here sometime, and you'll see for yourself.

It's not like America prints a bunch of money at everyone else's expense.
    It is certainly at our expense. For the best exchange rate for the floating Oz dollar is 70.c per US dollar. But you have driven our dollar up to 105.c per US dollar. So by printing US dollars, you are ruining our exports.

It is certainly at our expense. For the best exchange rate for the floating Oz dollar is 70.c per US dollar. But you have driven our dollar up to 105.c per US dollar. So by printing US dollars, you are ruining our exports.
    At least Australia has exports.

You're annoying with this "You" nonsense though. If you're not going to respect me (me, the individual), then I'm out of this thread.

I see no reason to identify with larger institutions like that.
    You won't identify with larger institutions, and I bet you won't identify with Mole or Ratty or Toad in Wind the Willows either. So the question is, who do you unconsciously identify with?

You're annoying with this "You" nonsense though. If you're not going to respect me (me, the individual), then I'm out of this thread.
    So you are going to hang onto your extreme individualism, even when invited to enlarge your horizons. And you are going to practise what you preach by cutting off communication. I've been ex-communicated.

You won't identify with larger institutions, and I bet you won't identify with Mole or Ratty or Toad in Wind the Willows either. So the question is, who do you unconsciously identify with?
    I identify with dirt. And the sky. And water. And a cabin near the artic, away from everyone, in the unexplored Yukon. These resonate with me.

I identify with dirt. And the sky. And water. And a cabin near the artic, away from everyone, in the unexplored Yukon. These resonate with me.
    Talk to us as the cabin, give the cabin a voice, discover who you are, and resonate with us.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    If you don't think the federal bank of austrailia prints its own money you're a fool.
    Prints and laminates!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.