User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Saints are a rarity.
    C'mon, the Pope has been creating more saints than have been created before. We are rolling in saints. Why, Oz even has her own saint, Saint Mary McKillop.

Saints are being turned out today like the US dollar.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You have no idea what quantitative easing means. And you have no idea why the USA can print money and have it accepted by the world. And you call me a fool.

No, I say if you deny the fact you are a fool. It isn't that hard of a concept to grasp, I do not know why you presume I do not know the meaning to these questions. We can print the money because our power is multitudinous - we are the global bullies, you'll take our dollar and you'll like it.

Also, my apologies - the federal bank was dissolved many moons ago. Now your banking system is completely privatized, as interesting as that may be. I'm reading Ron Paul's 'End the Fed', my first true foray into global economics.

C'mon, the Pope has been creating more saints than have been created before. We are rolling in saints. Why, Oz even has her own saint, Saint Mary McKillop.

Saints are being turned out today like the US dollar.
    I don't care about the Pope. You're taking me too literally. When I say saint, I mean any everyday person who is, for all intents and purposes, blameless.These people are rare - and it's an even greater impossibility for entire countries to be free of corruption. I don't even need to argue that. That's a fantasy.

My overall point is that it's human nature to make mistakes, to fall, to fall even into corruption, and worse (but I won't get into all of that). It's nearly impossible to learn or evolve without this.

The US (and other treasuries around the world) print money because there's no underlying standard they can all agree on. It used to be gold, but it's a limited resource. So we're in the unfortunate position of measuring against the dollar for now (and correct if I'm wrong, but I think the IMF has a say in what the true value is anyways). This isn't the situation I'd prefer, nor do many Americans.
    Please! The USA can print money because the USA owns, controls and prints the Reserve Currency of the World, so the world must accept every dollar the USA prints.

And gosh, we know what happens if we don't. We saw the object lesson in Iraq when Iraq decided not to sell oil in US dollars but in Euros. If Iraq had succeeded, the US dollar would have collapsed and the US become bankrupt.

But the US, like a good sherrif, hauled Saddam Hussain out of his spider hole and hanged him as a warning to anyone threatening the US dollar as the Reserve Currency of the World.

When I say saint, I mean any everyday person who is, for all intents and purposes, blameless.These people are rare
    Please! Please! I am surrounded by people who are innocent until proven guilty.

Please! The USA can print money because the USA owns, controls and prints the Reserve Currency of the World, so the world must accept every dollar the USA prints..
    Please? Read history. Gold was agreed upon until 1974. There's no grand conspiracy. It just became inefficient for the amount of trade in the 20th century (the dollar is insufficient too though, but in a different way). The US can't just print money at will though - that creates inflation, and devalues the dollar. Economics 101.

it's an even greater impossibility for entire countries to be free of corruption. I don't even need to argue that. That's a fantasy.
    Tell that to Transparency International.

The US can't just print money at will though - that creates inflation, and devalues the dollar.
    If the USA were printing money within its own borders, it would cause local inflation. However the USA is printing money that is accepted throughout the world and so causes international inflation. And this has the effect of reducing the unpayable debt of the USA.

If the USA were printing money within its own borders, it would cause local inflation. However the USA is printing money that is accepted throughout the world and so causes international inflation. And this has the effect of reducing the unpayable debt of the USA.
    It is not the reducing the debt, unfortunately. It'd be nice if everything was as easy as you imagine.

It is not the reducing the debt, unfortunately. It'd be nice if everything was as easy as you imagine.
    The reality is we can't print money without ruining our economy, while you can print money to keep your economy afloat, and this is simply because you own, control and print the Reserve Currency of the World.