User Tag List

First 678

Society

i had a talk with a woman (girlfriend of an uncle-in-law) who escaped from a Jehovah's witness community. she told me how consistent child rape and molestation is throughout the community, how they cover up for each other and how they vilify the outside world to make the children afraid of seeking help.

i don't think it says anything about the particular dogma, rather that when you have a secretive authoritarian community, you create an opportunity for sick people to enact their fantasies without the supervision of the outside world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i had a talk with a woman (girlfriend of an uncle-in-law) who escaped from a Jehovah's witness community. she told me how consistent child rape and molestation is throughout the community, how they cover up for each other and how they vilify the outside world to make the children afraid of seeking help.

i don't think it says anything about the particular dogma, rather that when you have a secretive authoritarian community, you create an opportunity for sick people to enact their fantasies without the supervision of the outside world.
    Exactly. I've also read that there is widespread incest and sexual abuse in Amish communities. In retrospect, I don't know why I was surprised by that.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree with this. People who are part of a large organization might get more protection from consequences of their actions, though. Which is why I think some abusers seek out the shelter of an organization that they think will protect them if they're ever caught. I don't think this is exclusive to the freemasons- it's just human tribalistic tendencies (to protect those who are like us and handle misconduct within the group rather than handing them over to outsiders) on a large scale. It has happened in large church organizations, the foster care system, elder care institutions, etc.
    Not to mention university athletics programs.

Wait, why is no one saying anything about the systematic child abuse occurring in college football programs?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Really?

No response?

The denial of the sinister actions of college football programs is interesting.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

OK , doesn't anyone think it's a little word that these college football programs are exclusive organizations?

I mean, you have to be a certain weight and height to get involved, and they don't let anyone in who hasn't spent years preparing for it. Sometimes members of college football programs go on to have even greater influence. They have weird idols mascots. And there's a lot of $$$ involved, too. Isn't there something a little odd about the fact that almost every large university has one?

It's funny, people get so uncomfortable when you just ask questions. It says something, don't you think?

Visit my Johari:

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I feel like the freemasons are at the root of the problems we are facing, in some way.

I have my inklings into how, but I'd like to hear from someone who has experienced it first hand, if anyone cares to pm me, we can take it to another format and it will be kept confidential.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Xann liked this post