Glycerine

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

So it seems no one really has any firsthand knowledge of freemasons and sexual abuse.

Okay. Just thought I'd ask the forum, and allow an opportunity for discussion/disclosure.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP

Cults in general take advantage of the weak. It comes as no surprise that they also have high rates of sexual abuse. It's their thing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Freemasons are very powerful. Or haven't you heard?
    You'd think such a powerful organization wouldn't be dying out from lack of interest.....

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You'd think such a powerful organization wouldn't be dying out from lack of interest.....
    This. I think people really want to believe that there are dark secret powerful groups out there, but the freemasons doesn't really fit the bill anymore. I know guys that have been asked to join them for no other reason than showing a very minor amount of interest. I've also known guys that were/are freemasons and they didn't strike me as particularly different than anyone else and most of them weren't in positions of power or authority.

When I read your first post, I thought that there could be something there because of the kind of people that might be attracted to the organization. Then I read this:

I suspect a link to Freemasons somehow, but I haven't been able to turn anything up.
    and stopped taking it seriously.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

So it seems no one really has any firsthand knowledge of freemasons and sexual abuse. Okay. Just thought I'd ask the forum, and allow an opportunity for discussion/disclosure.
    I don't have any firsthand knowledge of Freemasons or for that matter, NFs and sexual abuse. If I start a thread suggesting there is an association, and no one replies in an hour, should I conclude the forum is in denial about NFs being associated with sexual abuse? One of these days you're going to point your finger at the wrong person without sufficient evidence and it will land your butt in court. Maybe that's what it'll take to get you to think differently.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't have any firsthand knowledge of Freemasons or for that matter, NFs and sexual abuse. If I start a thread suggesting there is an association, and no one replies in an hour, should I conclude the forum is in denial about NFs being associated with sexual abuse? One of these days you're going to point your finger at the wrong person without sufficient evidence and it will land your butt in court. Maybe that's what it'll take to get you to think differently.

I think it's actually pretty hard to bring a case of slander to court. One would have to show proof of harm because of the slander, and proof of the slander itself. Otherwise, I believe in free speech and will continue to practice it as necessary.

In this case I was merely raising the question of association. There are lots of things online dissing the masons.

Thanks for your response.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I think it's actually pretty hard to bring a case of slander to court.

I believe in free speech
    I know firsthand it is not difficult to bring a case to court for slander and win. Been there. Done it. Won it.
    Which is exactly why I brought it up.

Free speech is something I have championed since I was a kid. Slander is not.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think this falls within the case of free speech. Don't you think?

Questionning an association is mild in comparison the the things you see flung around all the time in the political arena, on the news, etc.

If I said a certain person's name, or a certain lodge did x,y, or z, and I caused harm to the person or the lodge, then I could see there might be a case there. Otherwise, it's all just dialogue and discourse.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I did a quick Google, and the first thing that came up had David Icke for a source. This is the guy who thinks the Royal family are giant reptiles in disguise. He's cray-cray-crayzee.

"Icke argues that humanity was created by a network of secret societies run by an ancient race of interbreeding bloodlines from the Middle and Near East, originally extraterrestrial. Icke calls them the "Babylonian Brotherhood." The Brotherhood is mostly male. Their children are raised from an early age to understand the mission; those who fail to understand it are pushed aside. The spread of the reptilian bloodline encompasses what Norman Simms calls the odd and ill-matched, extending to 43 American presidents, three British and two Canadian prime ministers, various Sumerian kings and Egyptian pharaohs, and a smattering of celebrities such as Bob Hope. Key Brotherhood bloodlines are the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds, various European royal and aristocratic families, the establishment families of the Eastern United States, and the British House of Windsor—Icke identified the Queen Mother in 2001 as "seriously reptilian."[40]

Bob Hope? bwahahahahaha