User Tag List

First 456

Thread: USA attacks Oz

MBTI
    INTJ

That's right, stick to the script, buddy. It has been working out okay for you so far.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Sniffles

I say America should boycott Australian car alarm systems, who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Of course we do. We have three treaties with you in good repair - a military treaty, an economic treaty and a land treaty. And we have fought beside you in every major conflict in the last 100 years.

And as well we are founding members of the United Nations and we have signed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights together.

And we are both members of Western Civilization based on Ancient Greek philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment.

We are entangled like two quantum particles.
    Complicity
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

The Lesser

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Complicity
    We are complicit and it provides us with a moral dilemma similar to the moral dilemma we discovered in legalising and regulating sex workers.

In the latter case we settled our conscience down by saying that legalisation was the lesser of two evils.

And so in the later case we ease our conscience by saying, that an economic treaty with the largest economy in the world, is the lesser of two evils.

We are complicit and it provides us with a moral dilemma similar to the moral dilemma we discovered in legalising and regulating sex workers.

In the latter case we settled our conscience down by saying that legalisation was the lesser of two evils.

And so in the later case we ease our conscience by saying, that an economic treaty with the largest economy in the world, is the lesser of two evils.
    Lesser of the two evils.......... Why not choose good instead?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Difficult choices are for grownups

Lesser of the two evils.......... Why not choose good instead?
    Only an idealist would suggest we choose good when there are only two evils to choose from.

And choosing between two evils is a difficult choice, and it is a choice to be made by grownups.

My father would tell me that idealists are dangerous because they avoid growing up and avoid making difficult choices.

Only an idealist would suggest we choose good when there are only two evils to choose from.
    And choosing between two evils is a difficult choice, and it is a choice to be made by grownups.
    My father would tell me that idealists are dangerous because they avoid growing up and avoid making difficult choices.
    Master of Fallacies, you are.

To be honest, you would say that there are several evils. Unfortunately, you aren't always honest. If trading with the US is one evil, what is the other(s)?

Master of Fallacies, you are.

To be honest, you would say that there are several evils. Unfortunately, you aren't always honest. If trading with the US is one evil, what is the other(s)?
    The other evil was to maintain our high tarrifs.