Thread: USA attacks Oz

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    stupid americans with their cheeseburgers and diabetes STOP POLICING THE WORLD WITH YOUR GUNS AMERICA more like shamerica
    Don't look at me, the American gov't is out of control.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Walden Pond

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I bet if America was as cool as Mark Twain, everyone would like us. Even Victor.
    I also haunt Walden Pond.

I read, "Doonesbury", every day.

As Doonsebury is more a guide to life than a cartoon.

To read Doonesbury click on - http://doonesbury.slate.com/strip/archive

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Don't look at me, the American gov't is out of control.
    It is not the government of the USA that is attacking us but the National Rifle Association of America together with the big American tobacco companies.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I was thinking the other day about why Australia doesn't have a gun culture like we do, since there are some parallels between the European settlement of both places.
    Democracy came to us after the King's Peace.

The King's Peace was established by disarming private citizens, so that by the time democracy was established there were no guns in private hands and no gun culture and certainly no right to bear arms.

On the other hand democracy came too early to the USA before the King's Peace had been established. And so naturally the armed, and now democratic citizens of the USA, were, and are not, going to give up their guns.

Hope you guys can fight off our money-bloated propaganda machines before they become unstoppable. It makes me happy to believe there are places in the world they don't control.
    We have had distinct success in limiting the use of tobacco in Oz.

But not resting on our laurels we legislated for plain packaging of tobacco.

This drove the big tobacco companies wild, and they brought a case against our government in our High Court, and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    you ought to do something about this at once...

the State's monopoly of force must not be threatened by the evil masses
    Our State's monopoly is force is regulated, while force in your private hands is unregulated.

For instance, our State for does not massacre little children in kindergarten, while your guns in private hands do massacre little children in kindergarten.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It is not the government of the USA that is attacking us but the Nartional Rifle Association of America together with the big American tobacco companies.
    Those folks and folks like them more or less own our government. I'm glad you're having success keeping them from buying yours.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Those folks and folks like them more or less own our government. I'm glad you're having success keeping them from buying yours.
    Yes, our political parties are funded from taxes and so are not reliant on business.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, our political parties are funded from taxes and so are not reliant on business.
    That and compulsory voting are things I wish we would do here. I don't think it's likely anytime soon, though. Between our sad education system and our media being in so few hands, people just don't know things could be different, let alone better.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That's all cool, but Chuck Norris sucks. He's one of the very tea party fundamentalist nutcases you were talking about.
    The reason why there's no air in space is because of Chuck Norris's sucking power.
    Last edited by Winds of Thor; 01-29-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'