User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: USA attacks Oz

garbage

stupid americans with their cheeseburgers and diabetes STOP POLICING THE WORLD WITH YOUR GUNS AMERICA more like shamerica

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    stupid americans with their cheeseburgers and diabetes STOP POLICING THE WORLD WITH YOUR GUNS AMERICA more like shamerica
    I bet if America was as cool as Mark Twain, everyone would like us. Even Victor.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I say stir up whatever hatred you can about America. I don't care what the issue is. Every little bit helps. They need to reinvent themselves.
    See when you do that, when you stir up hatred regardless, you're just doing the work of the people in the states who want it to become an even more fascistic and military adventuring power than it is already today, the Tea Party and others love evidence that their ideas that the US is the perpetual victim of international conspiracy and hatred are true.

When interviewed long after the fact Tony Blair doesnt talk about believing intelligence or the threat from Saddam or rogue states or terrorism anymore, he talks about how dangerous it would be to have a world in which the US was engaged in full blown unilateralism with US politicians able to tell the US public that the entire world is really the enemy or complicit in every action America's foes take.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I bet if America was as cool as Mark Twain, everyone would like us. Even Victor.
    America is cool, the reason being that America is what Victor rants about and what many others rant about too, its also the Roosevelts, Kennedys, Will Ferrell, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Die Hard, Obama, some of the most beautiful women in the world, Rushmore, Niagra Falls, The Grand Cannon, Route 66, cheese burgers, coffee, Johnny Cash etc. etc.

Its diverse like that, sure that leads to a lot of loud fighting talk at the extremes but that could be an indication that as a whole the centre is getting larger and more moderate but it is diverse, its not like many other cultures or nations which are trying to pull of some absurd "speaking with one voice" stunt.

There's lots of things I like about America. Its a swell place. In contrast the EU is lumbering and not conscious of itself, it has nothing binding besides lousy anti-americanism which bares more than a passing resemblance to the last years American liberalism.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's lots of things I like about America. Its a swell place. In contrast the EU is lumbering and not conscious of itself, it has nothing binding besides lousy anti-americanism which bares more than a passing resemblance to the last years American liberalism.
    Your lack of love for the Fatherland is disturbing.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Your lack of love for the Fatherland is disturbing.

People can still talk about fatherland with a straight face?

The motherland maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    America is cool, the reason being that America is what Victor rants about and what many others rant about too, its also the Roosevelts, Kennedys, Will Ferrell, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Die Hard, Obama, some of the most beautiful women in the world, Rushmore, Niagra Falls, The Grand Cannon, Route 66, cheese burgers, coffee, Johnny Cash etc. etc.

Its diverse like that, sure that leads to a lot of loud fighting talk at the extremes but that could be an indication that as a whole the centre is getting larger and more moderate but it is diverse, its not like many other cultures or nations which are trying to pull of some absurd "speaking with one voice" stunt.

That's all cool, but Chuck Norris sucks. He's one of the very tea party fundamentalist nutcases you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Hope you guys can fight off our money-bloated propaganda machines before they become unstoppable. It makes me happy to believe there are places in the world they don't control.
    The irony is that it was Australia that gave us Rupert Murdoch.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

That's all cool, but Chuck Norris sucks. He's one of the very tea party fundamentalist nutcases you were talking about.
    Yeah, I know, its a shame, although most of the action heroes are, Clint Eastwood for instance.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    The irony is that it was Australia that gave us Rupert Murdoch.
    They also have that horrible mining heiress. My impression is, that as a whole, their government isn't quite as dominated by corporate interests as our own, though.

I was thinking the other day about why Australia doesn't have a gun culture like we do, since there are some parallels between the European settlement of both places. I mean, Europe kind of makes sense because by the time guns were being mass produced, most of their big scary animals were mostly extinct and a lot of the forest was just kept as a luxury item so rich people could hunt.

When the US was being colonized and populated, there were still bears and wolves and cougars running around, so Joe Homesteader needed a way to protect himself, his family, and his livestock from those things. Australia has a *lot* of scary critters, but I think the most of the big scary ones live in and near the water and it isn't very effective to shoot spiders, snakes, and other creepy crawlies.

But that was just my ill-informed, half-baked theory. No idea if it has any bearing in reality.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers