User Tag List

Default What does it indicate in world geopolitics...

That while Obama was holding a press conference promising to cut the federal deficit through tax raising and cuts that France and Britain were launching a military campaign in Mali, a former French colony who has appealled for military intervention against a muslim terrorist offensive?

While it is a limited logistical support role for the British, with promises that there will not be a combat role they are sending "advisors", that reminds me of how the US became involved in Vietnam to begin with, and there is further discussion as to whether or not Britain will be involved in a general EU military "training mission" to Mali.

Is this some sign that the Pax Americana will step back while a Pax Europa handles third world conflict for a while? What's that about? Is the US going to restructure or address the democracy threatening militarism they've been hooked on for a while? Can any other interventionist nation or coalition perform that role without developing military-industrial complexes of their own?

@Beorn incidentially because I see this in the context of his other post about declassification of US deep state documents stating they were willing to create cause for foreign policies including war.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is this some sign that the Pax Americana will step back while a Pax Europa handles third world conflict for a while? What's that about?
    No.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    That while Obama was holding a press conference promising to cut the federal deficit through tax raising and cuts that France and Britain were launching a military campaign in Mali, a former French colony who has appealled for military intervention against a muslim terrorist offensive?
    Maybe it's just because I'm a Sensor....buuuut....

I don't see how either one of these things have anything to do with the other....

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Maybe it's just because I'm a Sensor....buuuut....

I don't see how either one of these things have anything to do with the other....

I think he is saying that USA's shit is all fucked and we can't go adventuring for a little while. To support this idea, he picked one instance where the USA is not involved in overseas adventurism.

I disagree with the premise entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I think he is saying that USA's shit is all fucked and we can't go adventuring for a little while. To support this idea, he picked one instance where the USA is not involved in overseas adventurism.

I disagree with the premise entirely
    Well it seems when its not the US its been the French and the UK in alliance intervening and a lot which has been happening in the middle east since the beginning of the so called Arab Spring I suspect the Brits have some sort of a role in.

MBTI
    xxTP

None of the news mentioned that Mali is ruled by a miltiary government which came to power through a coup. The word "dictatorship" was never once mentioned on the news.

Likewise, it's funny how those fighting in Mali are Islamists but those fighting in Syria and Libya are/were never primarily described that way.

I am not taking sides in those conflicts, just noting the biased reporting.

I bet Russia Today would be the mirror image.

The truth may best be found by putting them both together and believing the dirt about both sides.