User Tag List

123 Last

Default Operation Northwoods: The USA's Declassified False Flag Plans

So this info has actually been declassified for half a decade. I spend way more time than is healthy interacting with and reading posts of crazy conspiracy theorist paulbots, yet I had never heard of it. So I thought I would share it since most likely you never heard about it and yet it is a totally real set of false flag proposals that the Joint Chiefs of Staff considered in the 1960s. Pretty crazy, but real, stuff.

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story?id=92662&page=1

You can read the declassified report here: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20...northwoods.pdf
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

You know... I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm going to assume that it's a bad thing if things like this no longer surprise me.

I've actually read quite a few similar stories. One was about a government plan to replace state officials with military leaders if they ever launched an incredibly unpopular war, or something. It's unfortunate that things like this exist.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

"OPERATION NORTHWOODS SEE I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING OPEN YOUR EYES" is something I've seen posted plenty of times, but never stopped to read what it is, or is never explained by those who are screaming.

I guess this is similar to the declassified documents surrounding the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, where Secretary of Defense during the time of the Vietnam War admits no Communists attacked our navy during the "Gulf of Tonkin Incident," that that was staged so that we could take action against Vietnam. At least that's what I've read, but then again the line between fantasy and reality is blurring when it comes to history...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    So this info has actually been declassified for half a decade. I spend way more time than is healthy interacting with and reading posts of crazy conspiracy theorist paulbots, yet I had never heard of it. So I thought I would share it since most likely you never heard about it and yet it is a totally real set of false flag proposals that the Joint Chiefs of Staff considered in the 1960s. Pretty crazy, but real, stuff.
    Good heavens, do you think it was the famous 'lone gunman' who assassinated President Kennedy?

The 'lone gunman' an American archetype usually known as the 'lone ranger'.

And how many American men fancy themselves as the lone ranger, alone with their 'gun' against the world?

Spare me.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Good heavens, do you think it was the famous 'lone gunman' who assassinated President Kennedy?

The 'lone gunman' an American archetype usually known as the 'lone ranger'.

And how many American men fancy themselves as the lone ranger, alone with their 'gun' against the world?

Spare me.
    Uh, wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    "OPERATION NORTHWOODS SEE I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING OPEN YOUR EYES" is something I've seen posted plenty of times, but never stopped to read what it is.

I guess this is similar to the declassified documents surrounding the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, where Secretary of Defense during the time of the Vietnam War admits no Communists attacked our navy during the "Gulf of Tonkin Incident," that that was staged so that we could take action against Vietnam. At least that's what I've read, but then again the line between fantasy and reality is blurring when it comes to history...
    I was just reading the wiki on that as I had forgotten the facts myself. I don't think it was staged it was just that the incident(s) were blown out of proportion. They were just waiting for the slightest justification. As it turned out a single bullet hole on the side of a destroyer was enough.

Uh, wut?
    It seems anything outside American propaganda comes as a surprise to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It seems anything outside American propaganda comes as a surprise to you.
    Did you just go from implying that I'm a conspiracy theorist to accusing me of being a mindless consumer of American propaganda?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

first time i heard about this; the only conspiracy i know of, is the 9/11 one.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story?id=92662&page=1

You can read the declassified report here: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20...northwoods.pdf
    Same as the Nazi's burning the Reichstag.

The first bombs detonated in the modern troubles in Northern Ireland were detonated by loyalist paramilitaries but attributed to Irish Republicans by both the loyalists and the authorities, the first murders of security force personnel it was the same, although there were even earlier precidents for this, as far back as the Williamite wars the House of Orange and their protestant supporters were terrorising people with rumours of plans by papish plotters to for mass murder.

Although there are claims and counter claims too, I remember reading in the wake of the Ocklahoma city bombing about how some of the forces liable to support violence against the authorities knew that the public would at least potentially find credible the thesis that the entire thing was agit-prop or psychops by the authorities themselves in the cast of The Man Who Was Last Thursday or The Secret Agent (novels in which anarchist plotters and bombers are exposed as the states agents in disguise, Orwell even does it in 1984 when the resistance to big brother, including their propaganda, is invented by big brother in the first palce). Arlington Rd was a movie about that, I read interesting interviews with the director about wanting a wider discussion of the supposedly "wider conspiracy" and public and authorities responses to it which never happened.

Although personally I found Abbie Hoffman et al's exposure of COLINTELPRO, or whatever it was called, more serious, that the government would seriously and deliberately aim to target all opposition for elimination one way or another, Hoffman could have been an unhinged character already, Steal This Book and other books he published reak of despair and not hope, and messed with a lot of head wrecking drugs but I think the authorities drove him crazy. If for no other reason than that was a lot of salaried and pensioned personnel pursuing at great expense a lot of jokers and street criminals with tax dollars, an entirely different approach is taken to spooks than social workers or project workers.