MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...sh/arms?q=arms

Definition of arms
    plural noun
    1weapons; armaments:
    arms and ammunition

So your government already denies you the "right to bear arms", or alternatively, the definition is non-specific and therefore guns could even be completely illegalized (not that I propose that) without this ammendment being violated.

Either way, your interpretation of "the right to bear arms" fails.

Then save your money and take a stand without guns if you are happy losing either way.
    Is this karma for the US trying to be the world's police dog?

How about you come over here and do something about it.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Is this karma for the US trying to be the world's police dog?

How about you come over here and do something about it.
    Ah so you ran out of arguments?

And no...karma is that they sent you Piers Morgan.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Most of the threats I've experienced in my life... ACTUAL threats.. came from hand guns, easily concealed weaponry, and knives.

AR15s are expensive, huge, require more aim to fire accurately, aren't common at all in comparison to shot guns, hunting rifles, and hand guns, and pretty impossible to hide outside of a sneaky-looking trench coat. Why is this important to anyone right now?

It frustrates me that anyone is worried about an issue like AR15s when children aren't getting educated, people aren't keeping their jobs, and the economy is in the same place it's been in since he first started talking. We were suppose to be talking about big issues and getting them resolved, and yet somehow all anyone can think about are guns.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

Ah so you ran out of arguments?

And no...karma is that they sent you Piers Morgan.
    No. This isn't about arguments. Arguments do nothing here.

You're obviously convinced that people are too stupid to see right for their own good, so this is entirely worthless. That's the point where somebody steps in with an undemocratic and unilateral decree to force people to give up their weapons because speaking does not work.

Isn't that the case?

If it isn't important enough to do that, then it's a mere disagreement. There's no point in letting the people see the law or the constitution if they cannot be trusted to decide what it means for themselves.

MBTI
    xxTP

You're obviously convinced that people are too stupid to see right for their own good,
    Hmmm I don't think people shoot up a school because they are stupid.

Why don't you think people are clever enough to be trusted with tanks, bombs and landmines then?

undemocratic
    Prove that it is undemocratic.

There's no point in letting the people see the law or the constitution if they cannot be trusted to decide what it means for themselves.
    Oh so in the US everyone is free to decide for themselves what the constitution means? Are there no courts?

If everyone can interpret it their own way then there is no need for a constitution in the first place, let alone a judiciary.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmmm I don't think people shoot up a school because they are stupid.

Why don't you think people are clever enough to be trusted with tanks, bombs and landmines then?
    I don't, and putting words in my mouth is a shitty move. Don't do it.

Prove that it is undemocratic.
    If citizens don't get a say regardless of "sound arguments", then it isn't.

Oh so in the US everyone is free to decide for themselves what the constitution means? Are there no courts?
    Yes and their job is to interpret the language, and the language has been interpreted by them to mean small arms, not fucking tanks and land mines.
    Either agree with them or not. Don't try to do both out of convenience.

If everyone can interpret it their own way then there is no need for a constitution in the first place, let alone a judiciary.
    If people can't have a say there's no point in elections either.

MBTI
    xxTP

Yes and their job is to interpret the language, and the language has been interpreted by them to mean small arms, not fucking tanks and land mines.
    Either agree with them or not. Don't try to do both out of convenience.
    Where did I say I agree with them?

Anyway - the way they've interpreted it - wrongly IMO - means that the "arms" you can "bear" are no use in resisting tyranny. So that retarded argument fails. Which was my point.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Bar an assault rifle ban, the regulation in the original post is not actually too far from what the National Rifle Association used to support before it became so politicised under Harlon Carter. For example, it was not that long ago when a Republican president would pledge to "... intensify efforts to prevent criminal access to all weapons".
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ

Where did I say I agree with them?

Anyway - the way they've interpreted it - wrongly IMO - means that the "arms" you can "bear" are no use in resisting tyranny. So that retarded argument fails. Which was my point.
    That's entirely a weak point then. The military would have to ruin its own home and there would likely be splits within the military itself. They can't just roll tanks down the street and scare people without serious repercussions.

Not to mention that the manufacturing capacity and knowledge available to many in this country would make it quite costly for the military to effectively mobilize, and the fact that it would be a prime opportunity for another nation to declare war since it would split the effective military force.

The US does NOT want an uprising.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    That's entirely a weak point then. The military would have to ruin its own home and there would likely be splits within the military itself. They can't just roll tanks down the street and scare people without serious repercussions.
    They wouldn't "just" do it. We are talking about the revolution which the likes of Alex Jones threatened.

If you were shooting at them then yes, I think they'd shoot back. I don't think they'd have to "ruin" much, just wipe out a few militia crazies.

The US does NOT want an uprising.
    I think the Confederate States tried it once.