User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Aw, and here I was hoping I'd stumbled upon a thread lecturing us about all of our fast food chains.
    It would have been better if it had been.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jryn1993 View Post
    I pretty much agree with that. It is completely true what you say about many people on the right (and I'm using the "political compass" definition in this case) referring to any form of statism as socialism. My father does that all the time in reference to the Democratic Party, and I find that to be inaccurate, even though I'm even to the right of him (and damn near everyone else). Maybe it's just my Ti getting hung up on definitions
    Do you know were I can get the AVGN movie?

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Do you know were I can get the AVGN movie?
    Angry video game nerd? This would be the first I've heard of it. Is that some kind of mild insult?

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jryn1993 View Post
    Angry video game nerd? This would be the first I've heard of it. Is that some kind of mild insult?
    No. I just want to see the movie. I've seen the trailer and its not available on amazon.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No. I just want to see the movie. I've seen the trailer and its not available on amazon.
    Oh, okay then. I wouldn't know.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jryn1993 View Post
    Oh, okay then. I wouldn't know.
    Why'd you think it was an insult?

  7. #37
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    We eat like shit, that's why.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Why'd you think it was an insult?
    I just wasn't sure what you meant, it was about 100% off topic and the only thing I could come up with is that you are trying to say something in a really indirect way. I don't see why you would do that unless it was some form of saying I'm an idiot, but I will take your word for it that it wasn't lol.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm not going to be popular for saying this, but I don't think it's the governments fault (completely.) It's our way of viewing and relating to the world, everything is now. me. freedom. It seems innocent to start off with. "I want cheeseburger, can have what I want out of the world because I'm American" must have now. "I want happy. Need drug now. Kill that guy for some drug related thing." In pursuing happiness, we're achieving the opposite. I'm not blaming each American, we're all going to be influenced by these ideas since we're only human. However, the awesomeness we were founded on... the things we pride most, may lead to our demise in some senses.
    Seems like we create these desires for "now" not the gov.
    Dirt Farmer

  10. #40
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    We eat like shit, that's why.
    A combination of eating like shit and overworking like shit. And we overwork like shit, because we buy pointless shit, just so we can impress other shitty people.

Similar Threads

  1. Why are you better than everyone in the world?
    By Hate in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 08:48 PM
  2. C'mon Americans, you are the most powerful country in the world...
    By hacbad macbar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
  3. Study: Porn Stars More Religious, Have Higher Self-Esteem Than Other Women
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
  4. A Paradigm Shift: are some types in fact, better than others?
    By Venom in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO