User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default Steubenville sex scandal

Beware: Long read and possibly the most disturbing thing you'll ever read.

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/2013/01/0...benvillefiles/

I'm glad this information is being leaked and going public:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/03/justic...deo/index.html

Somebody better do something about this. Prosecute 'em.
    Never allow these bastards to see the light of day again.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Okay...guess nobody cares.

I'll quote some of it (Warning: It is disturbing)

The videos, pictures and tweets are chilling. A picture of a girl dangling limply from the arms of two young men.

Other boys, laughingly saying the girl had to be dead because she didn't flinch as her body was violated.

An alleged rape, made into a joke.

The images and social media messages are at the heart of criminal charges against two high school football players accused of sexually assaulting an underage teenage girl during a series of end-of-summer parties in August.

Both boys are charged with rape. One also is accused of "illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material."

Their trial before an Ohio juvenile court judge is scheduled for February 13.
    "The town of Steubenville has been good at keeping this quiet and their star football team protected," an Anonymous member wearing the group's trademark Guy Fawkes mask says in a video posted to the group's LocalLeaks website.

The organization, he says, will not allow "a group of young men who turn to rape as a game or sport get the pass because of athletic ability or small-town luck."

The girl was assaulted the night of Saturday, August 11, and early the next morning, according to authorities.

Involved, according to authorities, were members of the Steubenville High School football team, demigods in the small, down-on-its-luck town along the banks of the Ohio River. A website dedicated to the team counts down the seconds to their return next fall.

Police got involved on August 14, when the girl's mother came forward to report the alleged assault, according to Steubenville police Chief William McCafferty. The family provided a zip drive showing a Twitter page, possibly with a photo, the chief told CNN.

A kidnapping charge was dropped by the Juvenile Court judge at a probable cause hearing last October, said McCafferty and Mays's attorney, Adam Nemann.
    In one 12-minute video, posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, one teenager makes joke after joke about the girl's condition, saying she must have died because she didn't move during one assault.

Anonymous and others in the video identified the teen by a name that doesn't match the two who were charged, but CNN cannot independently confirm his identity.

"Is it really rape because you don't know if she wanted to or not," the teenager says on the video. "She might have wanted to. That might have been her final wish."

Other male voices can be heard off-camera, laughing and talking about the alleged assault. McCafferty said he cannot say who shot that video.

"The subject in that video was interviewed. He wasn't charged," the chief told CNN. "The attorney general's office has all this. It appears to me after I watched the video he was intoxicated."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The whole thing renders me speechless. It's not that I don't care, but what is there to say about this? It's jaw-dropping.

Funny you should post it right on the heels of telling Aphrodite she's going to die alone, though. But I'll put that aside for the moment.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

So I guess it's a world-wide rape spree? This is coming on the heels of the infamous and horrible rapes in India, and followed by that retarded "it's not rape if she's not married" case in California.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

What's really screwed up is that the incident took place during over the Summer.
    Only now is it coming to light.

The town--which is deep into drug trafficking and other criminal activity (Hell--I read that the date rape drug was supplied from the High School football coach) did everything in their power to keep it quiet...including prosecutors and law enforcement.

The initial charges were dropped as the victim and family received death threats.

Sucks, man. I have no idea how athletic teams are allowed to wield this much power in their communities. My ex grad school's football team is also notorious for this shit ... and the university is notorious for covering it up too because football is a cash cow.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    The whole thing renders me speechless. It's not that I don't care, but what is there to say about this? It's jaw-dropping.

Funny you should post it right on the heels of telling Aphrodite she's going to die alone, though. But I'll put that aside for the moment.
    Yes and yes.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    This.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Boys will be boys?

MBTI
    INTP

I don't want to 1up you (ok, maybe i do), but I recently heard about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta and now all rapes I hear about seem to pale in comparison. There will never be anything as shocking, even this. And the worst thing is that the 4 fuckers are FREE NOW, they didn't even get life.

At least the justice system can mean real justice over here.