User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    What's really screwed up is that the incident took place during over the Summer.
    Only now is it coming to light.

The town--which is deep into drug trafficking and other criminal activity (Hell--I read that the date rape drug was supplied from the High School football coach) did everything in their power to keep it quiet...including prosecutors and law enforcement.

The initial charges were dropped as the victim and family received death threats.
    That's seriously bad.

I wonder what Victor's take on this is? I mean I'm presume that this state is following the liberal democratic secularist recipe for preventing this kind of thing he's posted about before.

For my part I'm, unfortunately, not surprised. I've known about some equally bad things happening among certain populations in Northern Ireland and not much in the way of satisfaction being forth coming for the victims or their families from the authorities response or legal redress. I've maybe becoming jaded or despairing of any kind of positive change.

I'd like to live in a world were anyone behaving like this couldnt live with themselves. The dehumanisation of another involved is just gut wrenching.

I've also known a tendency for collective denial about things as terrible as this, identifying with the aggressors etc.

There's been some bullying cases in the UK which were as serious, they did not have the rape component that this case had but a fictionalised TV account of one of them was criticised for being "too worrying" after it was broadcast.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

In a disgusting way this case mirrors some of the events in the horror movie Cherry Falls.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Thanks to social media, the moronic criminals nowadays have an optimal opportunity to produce proof against themselves.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

What is the point in having a justice system when things crumble to pieces? If you take something to the police, you'd better be damn serious about making sure it happens. The whole world could ask for my head--if my family member was assaulted like that and it was posted on the internet, no one would be safe from my wrath. I'd sell all my belongings, go into witness protection, and move countries if I needed to to make things right. If someone gave me a death threat, I'd contact the fuckin' FBI, CIA, the commissioner, anyone and everyone until someone did something about them. I wouldn't drop any charges. I'd create more. Death threats are against the law too. I'd hire mercs to guard me and my family, detectives to find out who is making threats, tell my other family members to hide for a while, whatever it took. I can't believe charges were dropped because of THREATS. /angry rant.

In other news... I don't even know how to be shocked by these events anymore. It's saddening, and disheartening.. but not shocking.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP

This is why I don't want kids. I think global warming has affected Hell and it is now on Earth.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Boys will be boys?
    They will, and they should. But boys should not be beasts.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    What is the point in having a justice system when things crumble to pieces? If you take something to the police, you'd better be damn serious about making sure it happens. The whole world could ask for my head--if my family member was assaulted like that and it was posted on the internet, no one would be safe from my wrath. I'd sell all my belongings, go into witness protection, and move countries if I needed to to make things right. If someone gave me a death threat, I'd contact the fuckin' FBI, CIA, the commissioner, anyone and everyone until someone did something about them. I wouldn't drop any charges. I'd create more. Death threats are against the law too. I'd hire mercs to guard me and my family, detectives to find out who is making threats, tell my other family members to hide for a while, whatever it took. I can't believe charges were dropped because of THREATS. /angry rant.

In other news... I don't even know how to be shocked by these events anymore. It's saddening, and disheartening.. but not shocking.
    I like you're style, my dad is like that, I know that in part he's become that way through a life of trade union work and confronting vindictive or bullying bosses.

I think its a sorry state of affairs that you need to be ready to fight to make the authorities do their jobs though, the state takes the monopoly on the use of force and then denies justice through inertia.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    This is why I don't want kids. I think global warming has affected Hell and it is now on Earth.
    I know what you mean, my friends have kids and I'm very protective towards them, I'm pretty protective of the kids I work with too in my professional role and probably care about them more than some of the staff, except the neurotics but then I think caring is messed up in their heads.

One of my favourite movies was Man On Fire. Although I'd probably despaire before I got complete vengence or died.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh my god I love Man On Fire