User Tag List

ReflecTcelfeR

Default Your Thoughts on an Article

@senza tema brought to me an article she found on the Newtown shooting and we have been discussing it at length. Then I began to wonder what the people at typec would think, so here we are:

But what about the men?

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think it is mostly a mental health issue more than anything. That article brought up some valid points but I think tried to paint a narrow picture with too broad of a brush to be effective. It seemed a bit more hateful than helpful. Now, if we could get all sides to talk without yelling and getting defensive (that refers more to the crap I see on facebook than the article) that would be more beneficial than any one opinion "winning" their argument.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    @senza tema brought to me an article she found on the Newtown shooting and we have been discussing it at length. Then I began to wonder what the people at typec would think, so here we are:

But what about the men?
    I dont think the media is ignoring it, although I think its a good point and worth talking about.

Although its not something men are wired to do, if that's the suggestion, I remember people talking about how Fight Club was the greatest movie on "man angst" there ever was when I always considered it a story and movie about a guy who experiences a splitting in his personality and mental breakdown of sorts.

Maybe spree killings will become another focus for this "man angst" (whether its women or men experiencing it) but I still think that the biophilis vs. necrophilis theories or blocked growth/hard hearted entrophy are the best explanations for these sorts of things, like Fromm's Anatomy of Human Destructiveness or Heart of Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    I think it is mostly a mental health issue more than anything. That article brought up some valid points but I think tried to paint a narrow picture with too broad of a brush to be effective. It seemed a bit more hateful than helpful. Now, if we could get all sides to talk without yelling and getting defensive (that refers more to the crap I see on facebook than the article) that would be more beneficial than any one opinion "winning" their argument.
    Its a problem with a lot of political but particularly gender comment and analysis.