User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I was driving home tonight from dropping off one of my favorite men, my eldest son, at the train station, and I passed by a road called, "Gracie," and it reminded me of the time my ex cheated on me with his old gf when we had just been into our new, loving relationship about 3 months. I mean we had been seeing each other off and on since many months before that, but we had been making love and practically living together for only the last 3 months or so. My mom bought me a ticket to travel to Spain to meet my half-sister and I was gone about six weeks. During that time, it was difficult to talk much to my ex husband (who was still my bf at the time) because I had to make phone calls from a hotel nearby and it cost a fortune. And letters took a while. Turns out he cheated on me at a party and I had suspicions by what he said when I spoke with him on the phone, but he didn't fess up until I got home--the night I got in. It was horrible. It took me many years to get over it and I am surprised that even today I'm still processing it to some degree. Why? I could have totally messed around with many guys in Spain, but didn't because I was in love with him. And I held that sacred. Why didn't he? Why can't love be as sacred for men as it is for women?

Then I started realizing just how worthless men can be. More so than women. Think about it. Men cause the wars. Men cause the domestic violence. Men perpetrate the sex crimes, and most crime in general. Men are most likely to be child abusers. Men are still more likely to cheat (you know it's true). Men are not as able to take care of children AND work like women can.

I think we only need about half as many men as women, or even less. Maybe 20%. Women can tribe up and earn money and do most of the work that needs doing. We only need men to contribute, to protect, and to help us make babies.

I wonder what the world would be like with far fewer men.

Thoughts?
    Well, I am not a man, so perhaps I shouldn't comment. However, to be fair, I think that people in general are very flawed. So I really do not think that fewer men would solve the problem.

Secondly, I am not sure that having fewer men would be a good idea in the long run, since (as others have mentioned) it would have biological implications.

Thirdly, I am not entirely convinced that if there were fewer men, some women might not similarly take on the roles previous men had played.

Finally, I would like to say that I understand your pain and frustration regarding *certain* men, but I think it is essential to not overgeneralize to all men. Otherwise you miss and inadvertently put off the good men when they do enter your life. And they do exist, as you so aptly stated.

Also, consider the following: All judgment is based on standards, so if you raise the bar, then what you now consider excellent will be the new normal, and the "nasty" will be some form of the current "average" and it might be very hard for a man to "wow" a woman. It's all relative, really.

I was in love with him. And I held that sacred. Why didn't he?
    Perhaps, while indulging in mere lust, he did hold love sacred.

Thoughts?
    What is your solution? How do you plan to get rid of men?

I don't care about gender arguments, but I wouldn't mind my local roads and highways less crowded. Go ahead, get rid of more men.

Riva

Then I started realizing just how worthless men can be. More so than women. Think about it. Men cause the wars. Men cause the domestic violence. Men perpetrate the sex crimes, and most crime in general. Men are most likely to be child abusers. Men are still more likely to cheat (you know it's true). Men are not as able to take care of children AND work like women can.
    Is it not all Eve's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Perhaps, while indulging in mere lust, he did hold love sacred.
    Good point but you don't get to break someone's heart and tell that person you love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What is your solution? How do you plan to get rid of men?
    Is that what she is addressing?

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess we need to go back to keeping women at home and not in the workplace. That should balance out the necessity of men some, give us less opportunities to cheat (no female coworkers), and men can return to their protective/provider role. I'll use the statistically significant number of 5 couples that I know where the woman stays at home, and compare that to the 5 couples where the woman works to prove my point.

^That's the equivalent of how trolling/absurd your posts seem in this thread.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

WALMART

Is your answer genocide? Pfft, INFJ's.....

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

About this: Like attracts like and who you date mirrors you.
    In other words: If you're attracted to douchebags and cheaters obviously you're no better.

And keeping with the sexist tone of this topic:

A society dominated by women? That fucker would collapse after a week.
    Critical thinking is mandatory to maintain a civilized culture.

If this thread is any indication, women don't have it.

Serve your biological function.
    Cook pancakes, make babies and shut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I got disgusted with men cheating when I was a young girl, and jumped the fence and went to women. Guess what? Women cheat, too.

Gotta be careful. It's a slippery slope, this deciding our brothers are worthless. Get too close a look at our sisters and suddenly they don't altogether measure up either. Then you're at "People are no damn good" with a gun to your head.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The only valid arguement is that you shouldnt drag your personal problems onto the wrong level. But thats too much to ask of most people
    My personal problems are in the past, for the most part. It's from them that I began to see this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Not our fault if you mostly have white trash friends
    But I don't. I imagine 'white trash' people might have more prevalence of bad woman as well, because they are more likely to indulge in alcohol and drug usage and be less likely to be good mothers and wives. But if we follow that thought through and ask why, we'd likely find a high likelihood of domestic violence and abuse in their backgrounds (this is a proven fact), which, again, is mostly caused by males.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well, I am not a man, so perhaps I shouldn't comment. However, to be fair, I think that people in general are very flawed. So I really do not think that fewer men would solve the problem.
    I'm not saying fewer men will solve the problem. I still just questioning 'if' and 'why'...

Secondly, I am not sure that having fewer men would be a good idea in the long run, since (as others have mentioned) it would have biological implications.
    The birth rate would need to decrease as well, which would soften the effects somewhat.

Thirdly, I am not entirely convinced that if there were fewer men, some women might not similarly take on the roles previous men had played.
    I'm not a historian, but this is a stretch. Women would have to overcome much to become like men, especially waging war.

Finally, I would like to say that I understand your pain and frustration regarding *certain* men, but I think it is essential to not overgeneralize to all men. Otherwise you miss and inadvertently put off the good men when they do enter your life. And they do exist, as you so aptly stated.
    It's not necessarily personal anymore. I'm attempting to make an objective hypothesis which I think has merit. If 'good' men cannot accept the predicament and faults of their sub-species, then they are not so good after all.

Also, consider the following: All judgment is based on standards, so if you raise the bar, then what you now consider excellent will be the new normal, and the "nasty" will be some form of the current "average" and it might be very hard for a man to "wow" a woman. It's all relative, really.
    A man would simply need to be real and strive to be good, nothing herculian there. It's like when you do those longevity tests, you know, and most of the weight lies in what you DON'T do versus what you do do, like smoking, eating fast food, watching TV (sedentary) lifestyle all the time. It's really not hard to be a good person, if one wants to be. Why do men choose to be lazy, lying pigs when there are plenty of other options to choose?

JUST DON'T BE A DICK!~....That's really all it would take.

So my latest tallies are this: 3 out of 10 men are worthy. I'd guess it's about double that for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Is it not all Eve's fault?
    Adam concurred with Eve. It's both their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I guess we need to go back to keeping women at home and not in the workplace. That should balance out the necessity of men some, give us less opportunities to cheat (no female coworkers), and men can return to their protective/provider role. I'll use the statistically significant number of 5 couples that I know where the woman stays at home, and compare that to the 5 couples where the woman works to prove my point.

^That's the equivalent of how trolling/absurd your posts seem in this thread.
    Everyone is jumping the Ti gun if they think that I am making serious proposals.

And it's 10 couples. And now I'll do 5 more (these are work people so they aren't 'selected' as my friends):

Head guy> Seems to be decent. Of course I don't know what he's up to in his free time.

Judy> Been physically abused by so many guys that she won't even entertain the thought of ever being with one again her entire life even though she is sexy and witty and youngish.

Maureen> Considering being a nun and doesn't want any other man but Jesus. Her ex left her for his secretary.

Marge> Same deal as above. Been married a couple times but the guy always cheated.

The Goddess> Very domineering and lively. Her ex was an alcoholic and she just couldn't live with him anymore.

I can think of more who seem to have 'good' men but I can also think of as many more who have been with abusers....So it looks like the statistics are staying the same, or leaning more to 20%...

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Is your answer genocide? Pfft, INFJ's.....
    Nope. But a serious reality check. Something should happen. Still just trying to figure out if this is true or if I am just another jaded woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    About this: Like attracts like and who you date mirrors you.
    In other words: If you're attracted to douchebags and cheaters obviously you're no better.
    When 70-80% of a population is douchebags and cheaters, it's kinda hard to avoid it. It's like what Paul says:

I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people--not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world....
    I so love that. So maybe it isn't modern man that become defunct. Maybe it was just always that man was defunct.

And keeping with the sexist tone of this topic:

A society dominated by women? That fucker would collapse after a week.
    Critical thinking is mandatory to maintain a civilized culture.

If this thread is any indication, women don't have it.

Serve your biological function.
    Cook pancakes, make babies and shut up.
    It is sexist because we are talking about sex linked differences. How astute of you.

I would love to cook pancakes, make babies, and I'll have to be quiet, or else talk to myself. Because the likelihood, via the numbers, is there will not be a man worthy to be by my side.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISTP

Thanks for the laugh. Funniest thread I've read all day.