MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    MARMIE!! Thanks for dropping in!

Yeah, I agree war is what guys do well, due to their biological make-up. And I agree that war is a primitive way of achieving something quicker than working for it yourself; believing that most systems default to one of economics--attaining something by the easiest means available.

Violence is learned though. Whether on a societal level (think Sparta), or familial level (domestic violence). Women are learning violence as much as men are, they have to be, but it must just be manifesting in some different, less obvious way. Men can more easily get what they want from direct violence, so they use it (economic principle). Women must just be more passive-aggressive about it, using manipulation and taking it out on the kids. Maybe that is why women are more likely to have BPD, because if they were men, and had more 'real' power (strength), they'd just be batterers.

I think Kdude is on to something. I think we are too higher level to be acting like animals anymore. Especially with our technology. We are poised for greatness. If we can overcome our hedonism and sloth and treachery we might end up being better than our ancestors after all...
    Thanks!

Women are more likely to have BPD or Histrionic and men more likely to be Antisocial or Narcissistic. They're all cluster B peresonality disorders. I have been diagnosed as Histrionic in the past and I think my more "empowered" male mirror may be a Narcissist (female narcissists are rarer, but typically have been more empowered to have a sense of entitlement that histrionic women don't have). It would also explain why they (narcissists) frustrate me on such an intimate and profound level, but in rare cases may even attract me.

Sometimes women with BPD are batterers, though; Theresa Knorr is pretty much the ultimate example of this. I think if she were a man she would have been diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder; she didn't care about people, systematically murdered her own daughters out of sexually jealousy, shot her first husband and got off on "self-defense"...but she's classified as BPD (like the worst case I've EVER heard of BPD, ever,in my life) because unlike the Antisocial Personality, she knew how to appear "normal" or adapt socially on the outside. Also, most of her rage was fueled over sexual jealousy, even in the case of shooting her first husband.

I think a lot of it is socialization, just manipulating biological impetus to gross and exaggerated forms.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I wish I were attracted to money.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There are also men who exploit plain or older women for money. People just tend to hold men in more contempt for doing it, so men who do it openly usually have some antisocial or narcissistic streak, where as a woman could gold dig and people might believe she loved her husband; I mean for all intents she could be a Feeling type and be nurturing of people in general, so even if she wasn't attracted to him, she might nurture him enough as another human to just "pass it off" as being "in love." But if you asked, her husband would probably say her love is cold, like she treats him with love and loyalty but isn't a huge fan of sex with him, or just does what he wants when he asks for it.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Whatever gets you through the night
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Whatever gets you through the night
    A 4 oz. glass of tequila, warm, does the trick. Sipped, to enjoy it's texture and notes of oak. As I drift towards sleep I wonder if they will come again...

@ OP Supposing I agreed with you. How exactly would you go about getting "rid" of the excess number of men?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Re: About the money thing...

Complete. Utter. Bullshit.

I have plenty of guy friends who were unceremoniously dumped or overlooked because they didn't earn enough...while they were attending college in their early 20s. And these chicks weren't the conventional big-titted, buxom blonde "golddigger" types either. Many of them were below average in looks (with no probable ability to become significant earners themselves--go figure).

Many of those friends of mine became successful and now they have to practically beat women off with a stick. And it was also cringe-inducing when many of those old flames "conveniently" re-entered their lives shortly after they "made it". One even managed to break up one of their current relationships.

I suspect I'll evoke some irrelevant abstract retort from all of this, but don't bother.
    I don't want to read it.

Ugh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Mbti shows there is a sucker born every minute.
    Victor, thoughts on Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss' imminent death

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Victor, thoughts on Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss' imminent death
    I didn't even know the Los Angeles Lakers existed.

Why would you think I would be interested?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Re: About the money thing...

Complete. Utter. Bullshit.

I have plenty of guy friends who were unceremoniously dumped or overlooked because they didn't earn enough...while they were attending college in their early 20s. And these chicks weren't the conventional big-titted, buxom blonde "golddigger" types either. Many of them were below average in looks (with no probable ability to become significant earners themselves--go figure).

Many of those friends of mine became successful and now they have to practically beat women off with a stick. And it was also cringe-inducing when many of those old flames "conveniently" re-entered their lives shortly after they "made it". One even managed to break up one of their current relationships.

I suspect I'll evoke some irrelevant abstract retort from all of this, but don't bother.
    I don't want to read it.

Ugh.
    Hypergamy: ain't it predictable?