User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'm just QUESTIONING why we need as many men as women. I'm sure I've seen others say the same here before. Women are superior beings in most ways. Perhaps we used to need more men because our world was physically harder and men had to hunt and build shelters and they were more likely to die, etc.

And if we don't need as many men as women, I'm not suggesting getting RID of men, lol, I'm not even there yet....But, yeah, perhaps they'd be more beneficial if they modeled women-type behaviors. But they'd still have their testosterone and I'm assuming that is, in large part, what makes them so faulty, so, yeah. There would be that issue to deal with.
    I guess the main problem is genetic diversity. If you'ld have only half so many men or half so many woman, you'll have to hand out sex cards to the majority to whom is allowed to reproduce and to whom who is not. Theirs a slight disadvantage in the statistics, cause in the 9 months woman need to carry a child, the same man could have sex with many more woman. That means men can carry out their DNA faster into the system than woman, which will statistically prolly go into an imbalance.

After WWII in Germany all the men were dead and we had like 70% woman. This resulted into a generation of miscarriages and kids suffering from disabilities cause the gene pool wasnt versatile enough.

My conclusion would be that if you'ld reduce either men or woman, the species would die out. And female compassion for each other will prolly end as well when you have to start handing out birth cards cause there are only so many men left.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    That's what she said.

But seriously, biologically speaking women are more necessary than men because one man can reproduce with many women. So if you have a population of 100 women and one man you will have many more babies than 100 men and one woman (and what a scary thought that would be). So men are slightly more expendable, which is why they spend a large amount of time trying to kill each other, and why they are physically stronger and get to be the ones to defend the people from ferocious wild animals.

So all the excess aggression and testosterone makes them more likely to be physically destructive. But it's not an inherent flaw in the gender, nor does it make all or most men more unethical than all or most women. We need balance to create harmony.
    But what happens when what makes males male is all the sudden not needed anymore? Just like any unnecessary plant is called a weed, any unnecessary sex-linked trait(s) could be seen as a burden, and even possibly, a detriment.

Balance, yes. But I'm hypothesizing that the balance has shifted within our lifetimes--is shifting. So we really no longer, all the sudden, need as many men to perform the functions/roles they used to. And that superfluous number of men is actually causing problems for women, families, and society at large.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The theory that's making the most sense to me at 3AM is that it's just that things have changed a lot and the qualities that helped men to advance in the past are not as helpful as they used to be. We haven't figured out how to channel these qualities in constructive ways for most men yet and natural selection does not happen over night.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Maybe it's societal. When did men start becoming unworthy in larger numbers? Maybe it's something to do with how women/men raise them. Or something along those lines. Were men always unworthy compared to women?

Like I'm trying to think about the turn of the century. But in those days, women stayed home and reared children. Men tended to work at something. They were still abusers and cheaters, but at least they still worked. Now with more women working, men are shirking that task in larger numbers, making them even less useful that they were before.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

tl;dr

Men suck, women are awesome, blah blah sexist garbage blah extrapolate personal experience to all humanity.

0/10 would not read again.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by _eric_ View Post
    tl;dr

Men suck, women are awesome, blah blah sexist garbage blah extrapolate personal experience to all humanity.

0/10 would not read again.
    Firstly I was pissed due to the sexist approach, but then I was just shocked by the simple biological stupidity of that arguement. I mean no matter what population you have, if you reduce on sex you'll completly eliminate the gene pool diversity.

I am sorry to say that but this proposal was one the most dumb I read on this forum for some time. And its a testament of the short-sightedness and anti-intellectuality of a lot of people ..

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You did not read my post adequately.

I never said anything about a male-holocaust. I simply am stating an obvious, though admittedly unsavory, opinion, about my observations regarding the over abundance of males, and I explained why. No one has argued with me about my points in the OP, so I assume no one has a valid argument against what I said.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Controversies aside, I'd be very happy to live in a society with a 1:5 men to women ratio.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You did not read my post adequately.

I never said anything about a male-holocaust. I simply am stating an obvious, though admittedly unsavory, opinion, about my observations regarding the over abundance of males, and I explained why. No one has argued with me about my points in the OP, so I assume no one has a valid argument against what I said.
    The only valid arguement is that you shouldnt drag your personal problems onto the wrong level. But thats too much to ask of most people

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm just questioning the necessity and benefit of an equal number of men, that's all. From a philosophical and biological evolution and sociological standpoint.

Susan> Her hubby is a really great guy

Shellie>Her hubby can't hold down a job more than a month and he overcharges

Aly>Her hubby won't even work at all, though he can, and she has to scrape money together or ask people to borrow it to buy anything they need

Cindy> Her hubby works sometimes, just enough to eek by but does little else besides hobbies.

My ex> Decent enough but always lustful and selfish in our marriage.

That is one out of 5. Perhaps I can get a higher percentage next time. I'll try again later with some other people...

Just wondering if males shouldn't adopt more feminine qualities since it's obvious women are more helpful and men are more harmful for society nowadays.
    Not our fault if you mostly have white trash friends
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp