User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Why can't love be as sacred for men as it is for women?
    i heard about this bitch who cheated on her boyfriend. why do most women feel the need to fuck around and arent able to inhibit their desires like men are?

Men are still more likely to cheat (you know it's true).
    actually recent studies have showed that women are more likely to cheat than men are. maybe it was the other way around in the dark ages
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    If you felt no hunger, the fruit would not taste as sweet.

Life is inherently infused with conflict and tension. It is essentially unavoidable and avoiding it thus becomes inherently untenable, even if desired. From the tension in your belly when you feel hungry right on up the food chain of life's experiences. Conflict IS catalyst.

There's nothing purposeful or stimulating or interesting or meaningful about life without these forces. There is no growth, no motivation, only sloth and dependence ...
    I don't see peacefully gardening, then coming in to cook a wholesome meal, taking a relaxing bath, writing, and snuggling/talking/foruming to be stagnant nor slothly. And I don't see what it has to do with dependence.

Life is definitely more stressful with conflict. Is this perhaps the friction you desire or think is important?

I am curious what prompted you to believe you are a 9. Do share, either here or on my wall.
    Oh! Thank you for askin', Baby. I took a test on personality cafe and it gave me 9w8, and it fits me really well. I could never understand how my very usual laid-back nature could all the sudden flare into aggressive mode and how that all fit with INFJ. But being 9w8 means I'm basically go-with-the-flow but when I feel my boundaries encroached, watch out. I've tested other ennies but none have fit me so well.

Don't you think I'm usually pretty peaceful? I admit I do have a spunky side, but I'm nearly ambiverted (according to others who know me, not me) and my 8 wing would explain that, in part I think, along with being fairly close on the Ni and Fe...?

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    Proverbs 16:7
    When a man’s ways please the Lord,
    He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

It seems to me that to an extent this goes along with what you're saying. At least if this verse is taken at face value. Of course, anyone wanting to could probably find ten billion other verses which supposedly offset this point, but that's the way it always is when people start discussing the Bible. Your line of reasoning, though, did seem to remind me of this verse--a verse which I find somewhat unusual.
    Yeah. Thank you. I like that. I think God wants us to have peace on earth. It's our humanness that contrasts that. Since we tend to live more in the world than in our spirit-soul, we end up having inordinate amounts of conflict. And, as this thread shows, come to think of that as normal...

It's not really normal at all, just common. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i heard about this bitch who cheated on her boyfriend. why do most women feel the need to fuck around and arent able to inhibit their desires like men are?

actually recent studies have showed that women are more likely to cheat than men are. maybe it was the other way around in the dark ages

That is too bad. Cheating is not ideal, imo.

Has her bf made it clear she wasn't to be with others? Or did they have an ... unusual relationship?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    ennui I know but anomie ? Did you say anemic and meant that you are a vampire who sucks life out of other people ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomie

Driftlessness caused by lack of community and standards associated with communities, particularly those you're inclined to chafe against.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That is too bad. Cheating is not ideal, imo.

Has her bf made it clear she wasn't to be with others? Or did they have an ... unusual relationship?
    i dont personally know these people, i just heard that this thing has happened. but you know the point was to use similar reasoning to yours, as an attempt to make you realize that the logic is faulty. (man cheats -> men dont see relationships as sacred, women cheated -> most wmen have the urge to sleep around and cant inhibit those urges)
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I don't see peacefully gardening, then coming in to cook a wholesome meal, taking a relaxing bath, writing, and snuggling/talking/foruming to be stagnant nor slothly. And I don't see what it has to do with dependence.
    how to explain ...

Life is definitely more stressful with conflict. Is this perhaps the friction you desire or think is important?
    I'm a 9, remember?

I went for a quick way to explain, but clearly that didn't resonate. Articulating this will take some effort on my part, and I am not sure you are in a place where you would hear it. Let me think for a bit.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Read this Aphrodite ... https://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personlitytype9

How much does that resonate with you?

From the link:
    Nines grow by recognizing that the more they seek peace of mind by turning away from conflicts and problems, the greater is the likelihood that they will bring about disturbances in their lives and relationships. Their avoidance of conflicts causes others to have conflicts with them. Growing Nines must also remember that they will never have union with anyone else unless and until they have union with themselves. If they are accommodating to a fault, they will eventually lose the other person because they have never possessed themselves. When they learn that self-assertion is not an aggressive act but a positive thing, Nines are in a position to truly bring peace and harmony to everyone in their environment.

To me, your idyllic example above illustrates neatly where the danger zone lies for a 9 ... and so can the surface of faith, in a way. (And I say that as a spiritual person who attends faith services regularly.) There's this ... complacency that a 9 can fall into, a place where we absolve ourselves of personal responsibility in the name of acquiescence ... maintaining the peace.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default Let's End This Here, Shall We?

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com