First 152324252627 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't see people this way. People are not defined by their genitals, they are defined by their inner essence, by what is within their mind.

IQ tests indicate that all people, not man or woman, but people, regardless of gender, are all very much as capable as one another in intellectual feats.

When it comes to the physical though, us dicks are frankly at an advantage, and hence we can do work that requires greater prowess in strength.

But like I originally said, I don't see people in terms of their body, but rather by what is inside. All people have the potential to transform the world for the better.

If we do wish to transform the world for the better, we cannot see people in terms of black and white, male and female, and so forth. We need to accept all individuality, humbly recognizing that each and every person can be of vital importance. This would be a good first step in furthering world peace as well as making universal enlightenment immanent.

And lastly, this belief of mine is more controversial, but I don't believe the human spirit has gender, I just think it takes on a random (self-chosen?) gender in different incarnations.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Aphrodite, you're overgeneralizing. Men this, men that, all the bad things. Don't you realize that by speaking that way you're including ALL of us? You gave many of us a perfectly valid reason to feel insulted.

Regarding necessity... To me, over 99% of the world's population is unnecessary. I don't need all those people. But I don't go saying "Hey, people, I question the necessity of your existence. I think you only cause problems and the world would be fine without the most of you.".

BTW, has anyone read Houston, Houston, Do You Read?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yeah, I abandoned this thread long ago. It was an honest exploration for me and I found that sex doesn't really matter, men and women both can be loving or can be cruel.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rad3k View Post
    BTW, has anyone read Houston, Houston, Do You Read?
    I have not read it, but I was just scanning the wiki, and this statement made butterflies in my stomach:
    "The resulting almost communal maleless society has settled into a peaceful, yet strangely moribund pattern—without major conflict, seemingly happy, but with little advancement."

Yes. This is my experience without some stimulation from males.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

What does advancement mean though? One must assume then, that advancement, in how they mean it, is beneficial.

Women have great ideas and are fabulous businesswomen. I would have to disagree with the premise that without difficulty or conflict, we'd not be as good as a society.

Personally, yes, but I don't think that carries over into communally.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    What does advancement mean though? One must assume then, that advancement, in how they mean it, is beneficial.

Women have great ideas and are fabulous businesswomen. I would have to disagree with the premise that without difficulty or conflict, we'd not be as good as a society.

Personally, yes, but I don't think that carries over into communally.
    I think it does carry over into community. Historically, the nations and regions that grew and evolved are those where different civilizations encountered each other very often. Read Guns, Germs and Steel for more on this perspective. The main thesis is that the "backward" regions of the world aren't backward because they're somehow inferior example of humanity, but because they were isolated from interaction with most of the world.

Removing half of humanity, especially when the two halves tend to think about things very differently, would remove a lot of the dynamism of our cultures.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's busier and more stressful, and happening, yes. But I believe it isn't the conflict from the interaction that brings advancement. In fact, conflict is counterproductive for true growth. Think about relationships. You can communicate in a healthy, therapeutic way and advance. Or you can scream, yell, and hurt each other, then go to therapy to learn how to communicate therapeutically and you are finally where you were in the prior example, but without the hurtful feelings.

I emphatically disagree with the notion that we must hurt to grow. That we must suffer to thrive. That is like the "no pain, no gain" mentality and we know that just isn't true anymore.

I often actually think about this. Take some primitive culture and imagine them. They lived within their means, they lived in harmony with nature, they had rituals like we do, they expressed themselves through art and music and social encounters.

If anything, I think our advancements have thrust us in a place where we are having to juggle for our happiness to catch up. In the meantime we have a polluted environment, intra and inter-familial distance, and high rates of depression for various reasons.

Finally, look at Heaven. Nirvana. This is a place that is perfect with no conflict or growth whatsoever. Yet it's considered to be the ultimate place to be. And if you read accounts of near death experiences, the white light place sounds pretty wonderful. I could handle having something like that on earth.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I emphatically disagree with the notion that we must hurt to grow. That we must suffer to thrive. That is like the "no pain, no gain" mentality and we know that just isn't true anymore.
    No pain no gain usually just means that you have to work (usually) to obtain any kind of result. Perhaps a better formulation would then be "no work, no gain" (of course, you can be lucky, but it remains true on average).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Nah. It means if your muscles aren't sore, you didn't work out hard enough.

No pain, no gain (or "No gain without pain") is an exercise motto that promises greater value rewards for the price of hard and even painful work. Under this conception competitive professionals such as athletes and artists are required to endure pain and pressure to achieve professional excellence
    It came into prominence after 1982 when actress Jane Fonda began to produce a series of aerobics workout videos. In these videos, Fonda would use "No pain, no gain" and "Feel the burn" as catchphrases for the concept of working out past the point of experiencing muscle aches.[1]
    It expresses the belief that solid large muscle is the result of training hard and suffering sore muscles repeatedly, implying that those who avoid pain will never reach a professional level as bodybuilders.
    In terms of the expression used for development, the discomfort caused may be beneficial in some instances while detrimental in others. Detrimental pain can include joint pain; beneficial pain usually refers to that resulting from tearing microscopic muscle fibers, which will be rebuilt more densely, making a bigger muscle.
    The expression has been adopted in a variety of sports and fitness activities.[when?]
    David B. Morris wrote in The Scientist in 2005, "'No pain, no gain' is an American modern mini-narrative: it compresses the story of a protagonist who understands that the road to achievement runs only through hardship."[2]

EDIT: Lol. I used to regularly do Jane Fonda workouts at home in high school. I had an album that I listened to. She was good.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Finally, look at Heaven. Nirvana. This is a place that is perfect with no conflict or growth whatsoever. Yet it's considered to be the ultimate place to be. And if you read accounts of near death experiences, the white light place sounds pretty wonderful. I could handle having something like that on earth.
    There's a reason why people find Milton's Satan, with his "better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven," to be one of the most compelling characters of English literature. One person's perfection is another's oppression.