User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Well, to be completely accurate, it's like this.

I just fully delve into ideas that I'm not sure about. They can be minor (like buying something) or major (like constructs in threads here). I allow myself full reign to explore them, formulate hypotheses, put them on and wear them, ask others about them, etc. If they make it through and 'pass' muster in various forms and fields and time, then they start becoming stuck and become part of my values and belief systems, I guess.

But anywhere along that path, incoming information can affect my notion. It's a rather directly proportionate relationship, meaning that they more I believe it, the more information I will need to make me abandon it, and the less I believe it or have carried it with me, the less--and more quickly--I can abandon it, see. So it really makes sense if you look at it like this. At least to me.

But it is very disconcerting, or can be, to those around me. I know it used to irk my ex to no end. I don't know why I do this. I think it's in part because I start inside, then take bits of the world outside and bring them in and see if they all correlate. It sounds fucked. And it may be. Perhaps as I travel along my path of individuation, I will learn how to do it the opposite way, making me more functional and efficient. And less irksome to others bearing witness to this lengthy and emotional (at times) process.
    Amgs, you must be ENTP.
    It all makes sense now.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Is that how Ne works?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

That sounds exactly like my process, actually. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as people understand what you're doing. And I told you way upthread that you were going to end up at point "People are all fucked," which is not a good place to be, so you needed to come off the road you were going down as soon as possible, and I knew you would once you'd been down it far enough. Which is why I advocated for people NOT taking you seriously. You were just exploring an idea. And yes, you're still not out in the world enough. Real people are good for this stuff, too, if you can find any willing to sit with you and hear you out. Online, people get hung up in the letters on the screen and don't always get you.

You've gotta take in on faith that people are good, Ditey -- men and women both. Any other position just doesn't work. When it gets down to cases, you need to discriminate, but it's never wrong to start on that faith. Keep your little light on.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yeah. I was thinking of your post at exactly the moment Kim said that last night. I guess I'm in the world enough. Life is a path and a process.

<3
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

<3

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yes. I even think that its wrong to completly seprate the World into patricharial and matricharial. This would completly ignore dependancies. I mean almost every man was raised by a woman one time or is in a partnership with one. In an ideal world all kind of thought and ideas we have cant be completly originate from one sole gender. Therefore on a big scale of decisions there isnt really a woman or men's sole way.

One thing is for sure, woman are still bogged down in some jobs. But as long as everybody lives up to stereotypes the process to change that will last. Yesterday in the supermarket a woman told to her man that he was supposed to carry the case of water bottles. Then my gf asked me why men are supposed to carry the case of water bottles ? And I said I think thats because woman like to play the weaker sex plus they can become infertile when carrieing too heavy things. And my gf said well men damage their spine and the lower loin region, so it wouldnt be good for them too carry the case either.

Well and thats the thing whats wrong with emancipation in my eyes. If you want equality you should go all the way and not just pick the best things from the cake and leave the rest on the table.
    I agree with that version of equality, within Feminism it was the "Amazon" feminists who tried to and suggested women should challenge men in all things, which included becoming as strong as men, they were big into weight training and martial arts and physical superiority types. Amazon isnt used in any cliched or mockery sense of the word there, it was the strict anthropological/historical/philosophical sense of its meaning.

The matriarchy-patriarchy dichotomy is a difficult one, I think probably mainly because it is too often and too simplistically regarded as a good-bad dichotomy and each would deny the strengths or sense of the other, its an imperfect dichotomy anyway and patterns of domination and submission or power struggles are not simple like that either. I do think its given rise to a lot of interesting thinking both fiction and non-fiction, a lot of ugly stuff too, like political lesbianism, mysogynistic male homosexuality, the SCUM manifesto and its male equivalents. That said I really liked Herland and it made me think, its one of the better utopias.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm guessing that AGA hasn't spent much time around sororities *shudders* ANYONE who thinks that women are the softer or kinder gender could be in for a shock

otherwise, I'm not for getting rid of the men... if anyone thinks that I'm willing to share mine they've made a mistake... I have never played well with others
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Sometimes I've got a dream that I've got a massive space ship and the crew and onboard computer are all women and I'm the one they're all mad about, its sort of like Red Dwarf only even more awesome because Dave Lister has been replaced by my Larktastic self.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have never played well with others
    Was that in the comments section of your report card when you were a child?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Was that in the comments section of your report card when you were a child?
    all the fucking time!

though on a related note, the mandatory cooperation class with the school councilor was awesome... all we did was play games of course, I got in trouble for playing to win in games that weren't supposed to have winners
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett