User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INTJ

@Lark
    Take any business, profession, what have you and the people doing the most work (working harder) are the ones getting paid less. Lets take medicine, Although doctors work very hard, nurses work harder, and they make less money. Take a stock broker, he does all the work and the ceo cleans up. Lets take a janitorial business, a janitor works hard, and the owner collects the checks. Education, teachers work much harder than administration (principal and staff) or board of education, I am sure you follow the trend. So the harder you work, the less money you make. Thats not to say those people did not work hard to get to their positions (although some may not have), I am positive they did, but the higher up the ladder of success they went, the less they did the "leg work" as it were.

And this isn't a law of physics, its just an adage, so of course you can find an exception to the rules and generally the higher up you are the more responsibility you have, so its no free ride, but you certainly don't work as hard as the person below you in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is it about you... that intrigues me so?
    あなたを愛し過ぎている

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
    @Lark
    Take any business, profession, what have you and the people doing the most work (working harder) are the ones getting paid less. Lets take medicine, Although doctors work very hard, nurses work harder, and they make less money. Take a stock broker, he does all the work and the ceo cleans up. Lets take a janitorial business, a janitor works hard, and the owner collects the checks. Education, teachers work much harder than administration (principal and staff) or board of education, I am sure you follow the trend. So the harder you work, the less money you make. Thats not to say those people did not work hard to get to their positions (although some may not have), I am positive they did, but the higher up the ladder of success they went, the less they did the "leg work" as it were.

And this isn't a law of physics, its just an adage, so of course you can find an exception to the rules and generally the higher up you are the more responsibility you have, so its no free ride, but you certainly don't work as hard as the person below you in general.
    What you are leaving out from this consideration is...what stops those people from becoming en masse doctors, ceos, owners and/or administrators, by competing on the number of hours worked? Why does someone chooses to be a nurse rather than a doctor? (Let us leave owner and CEO out of the picture, for the moment, since one may argued that inheritance plays a large role)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

The trend I'm seeing in my line of work in this recession and areas closely related to it is this:

More and more, business and ventures are looking to create products and services that specifically cater the needs of the richer people. More exclusivity, better services, quality over quantity. No longer focusing on making products or offering services to the lower eschalons of society. Simply because they are no longer considered to be reliable consumers, as it is currently not economically feasible to deliver cheap products and servives for this population. It is not a very far sought idea that this movement will have a large psychological fallout.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
    @Lark

I think this is the bitter fruits of managerialism which has superseded pretty much all the modern political ideologies or explanations, sociological, psychological, whatever but its something a lot of people dont want to know about either, its not as easily explained away or remedied by their pet theories.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Ugh. True. I have difficulty shoveling through all the misery to get that far. Was he trying to bring awareness to the plight of the poor or was he doing more of a Horatio Algers thing?
    I think the plight of the poor is a feature but in the same way that scenery is featured, there's not much in the way of a serious examination as to why that plight exists in the first place or the necessary remedy, although to that extent he's not uncommon, water babies was the same.

Permabanned

If you subjugate a nation, and give them the means to kill each other...then yes, they will kill themselves off.

History shows this to be true.