User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I generally find surviving and succeeding out of spite to be a good enough motivation... obviously kids these days aren't nearly full enough of piss and vinegar

on another note (and this applies to certain people I know in real life as well)... sometimes you've got to swallow your pride and work a job that you always thought that you'd never have to work in order to get somewhere... work is work, dream job or not... and you'd be surprised how much better you feel being productive and making some money
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    nerd

nah, mostly just starve/die of lack of medical/mental health care. unless drinking and smoking counts as suicide. although youth suicides ARE crazy up, suicides usually never even go above .1% of the population per year.

congrats to south korea though, they really know how to pile on the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    It's the Confucian mindset there (same with Japan and China... and not so different from the so called willpower and merit based rhetoric in the conservative West).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My husband suggested/requested I not share my thoughts on these things in public places, so . . . anyway . . .

But I've been trying to think of ways for us and other folks we know that are struggling to pool resources for bulk purchases and maybe, eventually, interest-free home purchases. I think it can be done. Just not sure where to start yet.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Thanks for responding with a comment that has nothing to do with what I posted.
    It has to do with the one I quoted in the first place. I suspect that will still stand even if you tell me it doesn't.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    nah, mostly just starve/die of lack of medical/mental health care. unless drinking and smoking counts as suicide. although youth suicides ARE crazy up, suicides usually never even go above .1% of the population per year.

It's a funny thing. It looks to me like suicide mildly correlates with development.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It has to do with the one I quoted in the first place. I suspect that will still stand even if you tell me it doesn't.
    Boston ferns must not be abused. It's an outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, that's my birthday.
    I'm quite sure you are familiar with the holiday (well most everywhere but the states) and what I mean by inferring to that date.

Most people in the states only know it faintly as Labor day that starts around September.

Even then, that day has been turned into shopping.

MBTI
    XXFP

People who are unemployed and untrained are more likely to feel like they can't cope with daily life. Of course that makes sense.

But I don't think you should be vengeful toward people who say "they can't cope."

It says something if there are a large number of people are out there unable to cope with their daily lives. I wouldn't describe "getting angry" at your situation as a very good coping mechanism, though it's outwardly directed nature may improve the possibility that you'll find opportunity and engage rather than disengage from a situation.

I believe that confidence comes from having a sense that you are capable, not that having confidence will make you capable. When people feel like they can't cope, the problem isn't confidence, it's about skills.

The first step is engagement, whether you feel like you are capable or not.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

bump, curious if people got anything to say to that.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.