User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fiscal cliff deal.

I think there is no solution.

The two parties (which might as well be one big party when you get down to it), disagree and stall lots of things so change occurs at a mollasses rate... except when they're going to be paid by lobbies and/or the decesions don't affect them.

The military industrial complex is too big, powerful, and already cemented in place that actually dismantling it is an illusion I'll hvae to see to believe. So the military will keep getting it's huge budget.

The amount of debt we have I think is almost meaningless. If the number it is right now isn't prompting drastic change soon, nothing will. This whole fiscal cliff thing is a joke. I bet the national debt could reach $50,000,000,000,000 and we'd still be in the same place: what do we do? Lets take our time. Repeat.

Who knows what the population growth rate is? IMO it is the key to all of this. We need to have extremely low birth rates. Less people being born means less using the system, less sucking up resources, and less competiting for jobs. How is that not a win win for EVERYBODY? Change the pitiful adoption rules where you adoption is like buying a Lexus.

What does the US have when it comes to the global market? Obliviously not the advantage of the cheapest workers.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

Okay, real question: Who here has a concrete plan/idea on how to ameliorate the situation (that is feasible, able to be implemented, and has a reasonable chance of being accepted)?
    I hover on the edge of having an answer for you. The problem is that finding useful tax information is actually incredibly difficult.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Striving for balance Array Little Linguist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I hover on the edge of having an answer for you. The problem is that finding useful tax information is actually incredibly difficult.
    Fair enough - if you do, please let me know, as I did not say that merely to be provocative. I am really curious as to whether or not there IS a valid solution that is feasible.