User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Don't complain too much, try being a single man in South America where the ggod girl was from, and see how much action you get. Clue: you'll be going to a prostitute within a month. If girls have more dependence on men it just means they demand more from you and play more games. American girls are much 'easier' (no offence it is meant in a good way!).

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I thought s/he meant the opposite.
    He.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Don't complain too much, try being a single man in South America where the ggod girl was from, and see how much action you get. Clue: you'll be going to a prostitute within a month. If girls have more dependence on men it just means they demand more from you and play more games. American girls are much 'easier' (no offence it is meant in a good way!).
    ...But South American chicks are hotter.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't understand how increasing a woman's options automatically changes her into comparing with what men are assumed to be.
    Depends upon how those options are increased. Which is why it comes down to how society perceives it. Essentially some will say a woman has to become like a man to achieve more in stereo-typically male environments. Traits that are often associated with being male: assertive, dominant, aggressive, uncompromising, unempathetic.....in business particularly these traits are coveted by the culture created in many offices.

Now if people, (generalising I know), didn't associate those traits with men then it would no longer be a perception that a woman who is of those traits, is merely becoming like a man.

Id be quite happy to say this is not my perception; unfortunately I am not society and my views mean little.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    ...But South American chicks are hotter.
    Rly?

Maybe the models you've seen from Argentina or Brasil...I don't think in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Rly?

Maybe the models you've seen from Argentina or Brasil...I don't think in general.
    Duck of death is obviously a butt man. And Argentina easily wins in that category.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Confirmed: Duck_of_Death likes big booty bitches, son.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Depends upon how those options are increased. Which is why it comes down to how society perceives it. Essentially some will say a woman has to become like a man to achieve more in stereo-typically male environments. Traits that are often associated with being male: assertive, dominant, aggressive, uncompromising, unempathetic.....in business particularly these traits are coveted by the culture created in many offices.

Now if people, (generalising I know), didn't associate those traits with men then it would no longer be a perception that a woman who is of those traits, is merely becoming like a man.

Id be quite happy to say this is not my perception; unfortunately I am not society and my views mean little.
    Your views mean everything - to you, and probably to more people than you realize, who are influenced by your example. We've seen this cycle before - with blacks trying to be "like whites" when they are successful, or Jews even trying to be like Christians when they adopt popular Christmas customs. It's all names, labels; it's not real. Real is who each of us is. We don't need to ask women to change and become like men. We are asking society to stop expecting women to change by suppressing traits they already have which happen to be associated with men. Similarly, we need to stop suppressing supposedly feminine traits in men. This is the only way to break out of the loop - allow each person to be who they really are, free of these artificial and baseless constraints. "Masculine" and "feminine" are useless terminology, outside some narrowly defined contexts.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Your views mean everything - to you, and probably to more people than you realize, who are influenced by your example. We've seen this cycle before - with blacks trying to be "like whites" when they are successful, or Jews even trying to be like Christians when they adopt popular Christmas customs. It's all names, labels; it's not real. Real is who each of us is. We don't need to ask women to change and become like men. We are asking society to stop expecting women to change by suppressing traits they already have which happen to be associated with men. Similarly, we need to stop suppressing supposedly feminine traits in men. This is the only way to break out of the loop - allow each person to be who they really are, free of these artificial and baseless constraints. "Masculine" and "feminine" are useless terminology, outside some narrowly defined contexts.
    While that sounds perfectly logical and rational I'm not going to date a masculine woman.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    While that sounds perfectly logical and rational I'm not going to date a masculine woman.
    That is your choice. I expect there are plenty of women who will suit your tastes, whether naturally occuring or constrained to be so by social expectations. As long as many of the more positive and adult qualities are lumped into the "masculine" bucket, though, you may be settling for the short end of the stick. Of course, women who do exhibit these traits might have no interest in you. (Yet another manifestation of different strokes for different folks.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...