123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default (video) Dollar Collapse - A Mathematical Certainty

Thoughts?

WALMART

That those unskilled in necessary arts are fucked come reaping.

IE lawyers, politicians, painters, actors, etc.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

So...more good news?

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    So...more good news?
    No.

Sea water may satiate your short term thirst, but that doesn't mean you should drink it.

Sadly, people who acknowledge that fact tend not to get many votes.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    No.

Sea water may satiate your short term thirst, but that doesn't mean you should drink it.

Sadly, people who acknowledge that fact tend not to get many votes.
    I was being sarcastic of course. Although I note that the doomsayer in that video offers a nice fat lot of nothing in the way of solutions....assuming his predictions are 100% true, being as how he doesn't actually provide facts so much as general outlines.

I also imagine he has not stopped contributing to the very economic system and situation he reprimands.

Also....where was the mathematics?

*Edit again*

Reading the comments section, which appears to be made up primarily of the video maker's comments, it seems they are a few crackers short of a full cheese picnic.

Which is not to say there is not something worth considering in what has been presented here.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I was being sarcastic of course. Although I note that the doomsayer in that video offers a nice fat lot of nothing in the way of solutions....assuming his predictions are 100% true, being as how he doesn't actually provide facts so much as general outlines.
    The solution for the government is almost too obvious: stop increasing debt before it's too late. The video assumes that the government will only do that when it becomes impossible to keep the cycle.
    I also imagine he has not stopped contributing to the very economic system and situation he reprimands.
    Speculators don't focus on solving other people's problems, they focus on protecting money and profiting.
    Also....where was the mathematics?
    Hmm, good question. It's more logical than mathematical.

*Edit again*

Reading the comments section, which appears to be made up primarily of the video maker's comments, it seems they are a few crackers short of a full cheese picnic.
    Hehe, saw that. Perhaps he is a mad genious? Also, he can always blame the trainee.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, I can only comment on the first 3 minutes since I couldn't get any further. I think I can sum up my opinions with this statement...." what a bunch of hooey!" This seems like nothing more than a bunch of conspiracy theories tied together with some big words. The ideas don't seem to have any correlation to each other besides some sort of "scare factor" which can be easily countered by education. The problems of the world or country aren't caused by economies. Economies are merely a reflection of the world/country behaviors (Gross understatement, but for this thread should suffice).
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFJ

I'd like to see the proof and the math, but anyway.

What about inflation-indexed bonds?

See, yeah it's true that paper money can inflate until it is worth practically nothing if inflation is not accounted for. With an inflation-indexed bond though, they sell debt (issue a bond) but rather than paying it off in straight money with interest, which might be worth even less after inflation than if the money was held onto, they basically increase the size of payments to account for inflation.

So the real power in a fiat currency is its ability to float. Hypothetically, as long as the economy can keep up with it, it can be inflated as much as it wants to. So a loaf of bread might be $1,000 sure, but it could be that minimum wage is also $100,000 or something like that. Big numbers don't mean anything as long as the cost of living and relative value is backed up.

Japan is a good example of this tendency at work. In 1897 the Yen was worth about 50 cents, or $0.50 - and before that it was worth a dollar, but silver was devalued and it dropped. Anyway. Over the years the Yen has dropped to the equivalent of about 1 cent, or $0.01. So, they just use more of them. A lot more.

What might be interesting though is if it were to end up so that it costs more to print money than the money is worth. I'd call that a real collapse.

MBTI
    INTj

Greece is a prime example of what will happen when democracies behave irresponsibly and allow themselves to spend money they don't have. They end up leeching off more responsible nations and future generations. The US is doing the exact same thing.

I don't know if we will have a total collapse, but if you have cash savings, inflation will wipe it out. The "simple" solution is to purchase ownership in hard assets, but that has it's own risks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    Well, I can only comment on the first 3 minutes since I couldn't get any further. I think I can sum up my opinions with this statement...." what a bunch of hooey!" This seems like nothing more than a bunch of conspiracy theories tied together with some big words. The ideas don't seem to have any correlation to each other besides some sort of "scare factor" which can be easily countered by education. The problems of the world or country aren't caused by economies. Economies are merely a reflection of the world/country behaviors (Gross understatement, but for this thread should suffice).
    Yeah. I didn't like it either. This is a pretty good article on the topic.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1081...layman-s-terms

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639