123 Last

Thread: War anyone?

Permabanned

Default War anyone?

Does anyone see it coming?

Or am I being paranoid?

idk, something is changing.

no reason not to, plenty of reasons to.

it's been too long...and people are getting angsty.

or maybe it's just me....

MBTI
    ISTP

Could you be a little more specific? There are wars going on all over the world.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post

Or am I being paranoid?

All the decent anti-war messages I've ever read talk about this mindset preceeding any major world war or conflagration so who knows.

I dont see why it should happen, I see every reason why it shouldnt and I see it as capitalism's ace in the hole card which they've played every time up until now and I'd not be surprised if it happened once again.

Permabanned

The thing is, I look around and I see people doing things that are condemnable.
    Meanwhile, I try to live well, the good life, and I can't sustain it.
    Like being forced to live badly, because I don't want to be bad.

The ones thriving are condemnable. The ones trying to live morally, they're struggling.

And I'm told to just sit back, keep low, and what will come will come in time.

Don't know if I can be patient. Not while not thriving, only surviving.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jryn1993 View Post
    Could you be a little more specific? There are wars going on all over the world.
    Like, an escalation. A spilling over of war like activity into regions previously unaffected. A bleeding effect.
    Or somebody taking a city...a coup attempt in the West. Realigning of alliances.

Meh, hopefully I'm wrong. I don't want to die...or kill.

Slow down @xisnotx

War has always occurred. People have always been doing things that are condemnable. It is just that the information that gets passed around these days are fast. Worry less about the future and think about what YOU can do at the moment.

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." - Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post

Or am I being paranoid?

Good heavens, just as we are pulling our soldiers out of Afganistan, the USA is preparing us for war with China.

The USA Marines have set up a HQ in Australia, USA Intelligence has high tech global survalliance sites in Australia and are building a new one, USA nuclear aircraft carriers are to use us as a home port, and the USA is practising flying drones out of Australia. And to boot the USA is telling us we are not spending enough on defence.

The Military/Industrial Complex of the USA needs an enemy to ensure its funding, and China needs an external enemy in order to keep its fragile country together. They are made for each other.

So are you paranoid ...... well, they tell me paranoia is merely a hightened state of awareness.

It's the end of the world. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's the end of the world. Again.
    China is already waging cyber warfare, and the USA and Israel have been waging cyber warfare against Iran.

And for about 30 years the Islamists have been waging non-symmetrical warfare. And just today they have taken territory, namely, half of Mali.

China has ballistic missles targetted at USA aircraft carriers, and the USA has moved them thousands of miles out of harm's way, but as a response are now flying stealth drones from these aircraft carriers. And these stealth drones can reach the Chinese mainland without being detected.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    China is already waging cyber warfare, and the USA and Israel have been waging cyber warfare against Iran.

And for about 30 years the Islamists have been waging non-symmetrical warfare. And just today they have taken territory, namely, half of Mali.

China has ballistic missles targetted at USA aircraft carriers, and the USA has moved them thousands of miles out of harm's way, but as a response are now flying stealth drones from these aircraft carriers. And these stealth drones can reach the Chinese mainland without being detected.
    So nothing new then... (seriously! On every point...)

Other minor points;

China isn't a threat until its internal stability becomes an issue; that's a wildcard because the multitude of protests that happen each year could be the spark that ignites something. It wouldn't be unusual, but at the same time, stability is increasingly assured in the short term as economic growth continues.

You can't wage asymmetric warfare when you "own" territory. Territory defines one set of resources, asymmetric another. Their domains do not coincide easily; the further each moves towards each other, the more traits they share and the more vulnerable they become to operations in similar domains.

Cyber warfare is just an extension of the normal spy-games, none of which have stopped since the beginning of civilization. A few less assassinations nowadays, a bit more information brokering and a bit more sabotage, but essentially the same.