User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Not gonna say what I'm really thinking here...
    Oh go on....tell us what you really think. We need some honesty, dont worry if it's sexual.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Oh go on....tell us what you really think. We need some honesty, dont worry if it's sexual.
    You're not to that level of clearance yet.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    You're not to that level of clearance yet.
    Couldn't care less about your 'clearance'. Besides ive got the codes.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    It's possible. Your mind has defensive checks against it, but they can be broken down, some much more easily than others.

For example it's much easier to pull off on a person who needs attachment to something or somebody. This is kind of how gangs work.

In my opinion, conditioning is at work with everyone because I think we all start with a clean slate.
    Really? I used to think that because it appears contrary to the idea that anyone is "born bad" which I think is a worthy idea, although the amount of stuff I've read about attachment theory and maternal deprivation has convinced me that people are not blank slates but are born with predispositions and needs which will determine how they are later in life, well the satisfaction or neglect of the drives will determine it.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Couldn't care less about your 'clearance'. Besides ive got the codes.

You could always torture it out of me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When we enter a trance our critical mind goes to sleep and we will believe anything. And when we believe something, we think it is real.

Religions trade on trance to perpetuate beliefs neither based on evidence or reason. And the believers act on these beliefs because they think they are real.

So believers in Islam flew two planes into the Twin Towers with all the pride of obedient children. And believers are committing war crimes in Syria as you read, shouting, "God is Great".
    Victor I've actually begun to think that you're in a trance.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    That's right, they don't control. Not like a puppeteer pulling strings. They don't have to once they get somebody to believe in it and think it is their choice all along.
    There was a liberation theologian, I think it was Jose Miranda (spelling), who wrote about the philosophy of oppression, which was a combination of capitalism and other factors in his opinion, reached its pinnacle not when it was knowingly practiced but when it was unconsciously adopted as the only possible reality, I dont know if it was hime or another author but it sort of strikes me as the same as the saying about "believing their own propaganda".

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Really? I used to think that because it appears contrary to the idea that anyone is "born bad" which I think is a worthy idea, although the amount of stuff I've read about attachment theory and maternal deprivation has convinced me that people are not blank slates but are born with predispositions and needs which will determine how they are later in life, well the satisfaction or neglect of the drives will determine it.
    I'm not saying that there is absolutely no possible propensity at all but I'm fairly certain that in the vast majority of cases such things will not take hold without some form of external encouragement.

Some times there is some kind of difference that is not inherently good or bad on its own but leads to different treatment and raising which ultimately changes everything.

I know because I grew up troubled and was a punk and a holy terror in highschool, and have done things that probably could have got me killed or in jail. I didn't quit until I lost nearly everything and I didn't recover from that until I learned about the luminous mind.

Victor I've actually begun to think that you're in a trance.
    I am beginning to suspect you are deeply conditioned by the Protestant, Catholic divide in Ireland. So perhaps your Catholicism is a visceral tribal response to your tribal enemies. And so you generalise your visceral response to anyone who critiques Catholicism. What say you, Lark?

MBTI
    ISTP

I've read about attachment theory and maternal deprivation has convinced me that people are not blank slates but are born with predispositions and needs which will determine how they are later in life, well the satisfaction or neglect of the drives will determine it.
    I'm curious about this. Attachment theory and maternal deprivation explain affective conditions after a (theoretical) 'blank state'. I don't see the link between the rejecting the blank slate.