User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by metalmommy View Post
    So the government should step in and regulate hiring and firing more than they already do? Perhaps you don't realize how much goes into the hiring/firing process. It's not exactly easy or simple, even in a right to work state. Yeah, it sucks she lost her job. Yeah, he's an idiot both for his issue with her as well as telling anyone why he fired her. But that's the way it is.

You're also forgetting the other half of right to work...the employee can also walk away at any time for any reason without retribution.

Now, if they can make a law against idiocy, i'm all for that.
    It isn't that the government should regulate more--it just invalidated current regulations with this. How do you enforce laws of not discriminating on hiring someone based on gender, sexual orientation, race, religious views, etc.. when you say that an employer has a right to fire someone based solely on those viewpoints? "Well, she's an attractive woman, so she's got to go because I'm straight and I can't control myself." As if she's automatically going to have sex with him no matter what her views are? She could be secretly homosexual for all we know, meaning it wouldn't happen in a hundred years outside of rape, but who's to say? It doesn't matter if she was willing to have sex.. all that matters is he wanted to have sex with her? And not even that.. Because he *said* he was willing.

What if a boss wants to hire a group of ladies in his restaurant, and a guy applies, and he claims he can't hire him because he's gay? The real reason is to keep a group of ladies in his restaurant.. but who's to say he's lying? It's too flimsy, and causes too many personal situations.

Personal business of this nature does not have any place at work. I agree with right to work states overall, they're just easier to deal with on the whole and force people to act right at all times no matter who's watching. I like being in a right to work state. But that law that protects both sides is being undermined here and brings a whole new element into things, potentially making the government say, "Well, Hey states, you can't handle your own issues, so we'll handle them for you!"
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Okey, but what do you get from a society that goes against human nature ? (I'm not saying your not getting anything, im asking for your opinion)
    I get something a bit more fair than usual. I can't change a misogynistic guy from thinking I should be in a kitchen barefoot instead of being a gunner on a convoy. But I get the chance to do my job anyways regardless of his personal opinion. It only changes when I suck at my job, or do something that distracts from my job like jumping on my animal instincts like they're the last chopper outta 'Nam. It doesn't matter if I'm attracted to a guy I work with, I get to work with him and he doesn't get fucked out of his job just because I think he's got a cute butt-chin. I get a chance to keep my job no matter what my nature or the natures of others is at default.

It isn't at all perfect, taking the human nature out of things is impossible since we're human.. but personal opinions being taken out of the work place is a good thing.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I'm surprised at you MP. Have you seen their scrubs? Clearly not revealing. She should be able to work freely and she's a saint not to have sued for sexual harassment beforehand

edit:

read legally as illegally on my phone derp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I'm surprised at you MP. Have you seen their scrubs? Clearly not revealing. She should be able to work freely and she's a saint not to have sued for sexual harassment beforehand
    Now you're assuming she wasnt at some level being 'too nice' to her boss with low fat 1% flirt to help with the job. You dont know that. Talk about situations, you don't know anything for sure when it comes to THESE specific people.

Fake ass entp
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I was going based off the comments put in the court log [insult removed]
    Last edited by Ivy; 12-24-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: removed insult
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

So u see being called a non entp as an affront/insult.
    I understand it must be hard for the other 96 percents yeah.

Life unfair that way
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

MBTI
    INTJ

Does it suck for her? Yeah.

Really, though, I think it's bullshit to tell a company who they can and can't hire/fire. Also, the person doing the firing isn't always the one doing the hiring, so you can't count on the hiring process weeding out all of the idiots. I know I would be pissed if I owned a company and the government was trying to tell me that I couldn't fire someone.

Either way, that's more about the general problem than this court case. She isn't even very attractive.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

So, the lesson to be learned here is that men are less suitable in positions of authority than women because of their sexual "condition." You can't have someone in there behaving irrationally and capriciously because of their hormones.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness