User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Unsurprisingly, the court is all male.
    Don't be such a pussywhipped feminist. :P

And the bosses/judges were pretty gay too. If they were real men they would have employed her as their PA, encourage her to wear short skirts and low-cut tops, and then fucked her.

Truth.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Thoughts:

- She is not irresistibly attractive lol

- Don't know how labor law works in that state, but no employer should be forced to keep an employee against his/her will.

- A proper compensation would be reasonable if the employee hasn't done anything bad to deserve being fired (case in point).

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    well i can understand the logic behind it, but then they should also declare the guy incompetent to vote, have a firearm or for that matter work or marry without some kind of supervision.

Now if he fired the lady but found her another job (same or better pay etc.), wrote her a glowing recommendation balbal ( as long as not lying ) then fine, sure. Otherwise yeah, it's the behavior of a child.
    People without self control towards others are animals.
    I agree... this is, uh, too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    What if the employer was a homo? Would you get outraged if he fired a good looking man because his gay-partner was giving him shit about it?

Anyway, y'all need to remember that courts make their decisions based on law, not on what is moral or even reasonable. Gender is a protected class, being attractive isn't.
    He wasn't gay. We know that this wouldn't have happened if the employee were male because we know the employer is a straight male who cited her attractiveness as the reason, so it's something that only could have happened because of her gender. The most broadly we can interpret this would also include his gender and orientation as a factor, but that doesn't really make it much better does it? Firing someone for a cause that amounts to "I'm heterosexual, so I'll have to fire you" isn't any more sane. Surely interpreting things through a legal framework does not require us to be retarded?

Anyhow, maybe it is legal. A lot of insane shit about what women can do is law in the various Islamic states. If it is legal, this is a signal to change the law.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmommy View Post
    The reality is that Iowa is a right to work state. He could fire her for whatever reason he wanted, basically. I'm not saying I agree with it, because I think it's lame, but it is what it is.
    Yes, it is extraordinarily euphemistic. Right to work means the right of employers to keep anyone from working.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Thoughts:
    - Don't know how labor law works in that state, but no employer should be forced to keep an employee against his/her will.
    So you're saying an employer should be able to fire anyone for any reason at any time?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So you're saying an employer should be able to fire anyone for any reason at any time?
    Yeah, this. My immediate thought is, "Why are personal problems being brought into the work place at all?" What stops any man from labeling any woman at all now as 'attractive' since that's an extremely personal view and firing her thusly? Or vise versa? A guy can now be fired just because his boss wants an all female crew and now has an excuse to do so? Where is the professionalism in the work place here?

Since when were personal dilemmas allowed in the work place at all?

But the truth is, Right to Work states don't need to even provide a reason to their employees for firing them. Which makes it absolutely impossible to pinpoint if the business and issue is personal or professional. You really shouldn't be able to fire someone because they chew their nails and you're a germophobe. But if that's the real reason, no one will ever know in right to work states, and it's technically legal.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes, with a proper compensation (see point #3).

We tend to empathize more with the employees, but forcing an employer to work with & keep paying an employee whom he/she doesn't feel comfortable with to would be quite abusive.

That said, I agree that his reason was stupid. Sadly, being stupid is not a crime.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yes, with a proper compensation (see point #3).

We tend to empathize more with the employees, but forcing an employer to work with & keep paying an employee whom he/she doesn't feel comfortable with to would be quite abusive.

That said, I agree that his reason was stupid. Sadly, being stupid is not a crime.
    This is absurd. The employer has an entire hiring process to go through--THEY pick the employees. If they make a decision and then regret it later, why is that the business of the employee? Why is the employee picking up that tab? Employees have to deal with other employees they don't like to work with all the time, and they can't just tell the boss to fire them. It's an absurd concept.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

So you're saying that an employer has to make up his or her mind forever about choose people to work with? Team dynamics are of paramount importance. That's why I brought up the notion of a garantee: return it with a refund, basically. as long as the person is competent and the reason for the dismissal are based on personal incompatibility
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This is absurd. The employer has an entire hiring process to go through--THEY pick the employees. If they make a decision and then regret it later, why is that the business of the employee?
    Sometimes the process fails. Sometimes, stability works as an incentive to inefficiency. Sometimes, there is someone more qualified out there. That's how things work.

Why is the employee picking up that tab?Employees have to deal with other employees they don't like to work with all the time, and they can't just tell the boss to fire them.
    Simple: Just as employees are allowed to leave their jobs in order to find a job on which they are comfortable working with their co-workers, the employers also should have an equivalent right.

It's an absurd concept.
    Well, that's capitalism.

WALMART

Reason #372 Texas is Better than Your State: You can dismiss anyone at any time without disclosing reason.