User Tag List

First 567891757 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nortia View Post
    Attachment 8601

This comic pretty much sums it up. I wouldn't consider myself "jaded", just frustrated and heartbroken. Children died today because of ignorance, and a gun lobby that has its hand so far up America's ass its messing with their heads.
    Oh, it's much worse than that, I'm afraid. Children died because society is driving away from self accountability.

Apparently we ARE children, in the sense that rather than knowing better than to drink bleach, we need to have someone put child locks on everything. The whole approach with some people is trying to make it so people can't do certain things rather than addressing the cause of it.

Who's going to be left that is wise enough to watch over us 'children' when the would-be murderers are intermingled with everyone else in the streets, undiscovered because they're unable to kill anyone?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The American gun culture shows its fangs by slaughtering 27 very small children at an American Elementary School.

Click on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZx2L7Lm9G4
    You're late.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    You're late.
    I thought it a remarkable tour de force in how to turn a heartfelt thread focused on the losses experienced by the victims' families and friends into an impersonal political attack aimed at the United States.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I thought it a remarkable tour de force in how to turn a heartfelt thread focused on the losses experienced by the victims' families and friends into an impersonal political attack aimed at the United States.
    Well, Victor is Victor.

I hated doing the critical analysis that diminishes tragedy in its own way. Reducing dead people to statistics entirely sucks. But my early warning radar was going off and I knew somebody would be coming like a crisis seeking missile so I laid fortifications in advance.

MBTI
    FREE

Yeah, I agree. Victor leaps at any chance to condemn the United States.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Roig did a pretty good job, from this interview, in terms of taking care of her kids. I think it says alot when an adult feels badly about a situation but holds it together and keeps the kids positive... and she was even fair with them in regards to whether they should pray or think happy thoughts. She also didn't let anyone in until she knew they were safe people.

http://gma.yahoo.com/childrens-terro...opstories.html
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Americans elide their responsibility for horror by blaming the individual. For instance, you keep telling us, it is not guns that kill people it is people that kill people. When it is obvious to everyone else in the world that it is your gun culture that is killing children, women and men.

The proof is that a country very similar to the USA has banned guns and since then there has been not one gun massacre.

You are not fooling the rest of the world, you are only fooling yourselves, and in the meantime your children are slaughtered and all you have to offer is your sympathy. It is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Victor leaps at any chance to condemn the United States.
    If Americans would criticise their own gun culture, you wouldn't have to rely on the good will of allies. But when we see you deceiving yourselves en masse, we have a duty as allies to advise and warn.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    it's a matter of perception.
    What makes this act so horrible? Relativity to other events? I think not, worst probably happen every few minutes around the globe.
    Over 100 children under the age of 13 are murdered in this country every year.

Over 1,000 children under the age of 18 are murdered in this country in a year.

Does it mean more when it is 20 all at once rather than one at a time, here and there?
    And this is just the murder victims. How about victims of accidents, natural disasters, or illness -- kids who die sometimes because of what adults *didn't* do. If we are interested in preventing deaths, especially the deaths of children, we must be mindful of the persistent, systemic problems that take far more lives one by one, and not just high profile mass murders.

Over the years we've had more and more laws, security, metal detectors, surveillance cameras, lock downs, and so forth. Then this happens again and people are all the more surprised. Then the random clamor for additional security begins.
    Additional security? There is no additional security, just additional constraints that serve mainly to limit the legitimate activities of law-abiding folk. Criminals, by definition, do not obey the law.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

this is very depressing. i m confused on why this guy killed his mom, and than went to her work and killed not just her co workers but the children as well.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee