User Tag List

First 6465455565758 Last

ByMySword

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    @ByMySword: The link didn't work, it tried to link using the abbreviated URL.

The working full URL of the article is here:
    http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/...-ill-tell-you/

EDIT: I had a lot of sympathy for the author after reading this:

Yeah. Putting yourself in the middle typically just makes you twice the target. Alas.
    Thank you! I also reposted the link my OP. Its working fine now. Don't know what the deal is.

Yes! I sympathized with him on that point, too.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'm a libertarian. And I'm all for people bearing arms, to be able to protect our families.

And it is black and white. Show me an antisocial kid, and I'll show you a messed up family.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

ByMySword

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'm a libertarian. And I'm all for people bearing arms, to be able to protect our families.

And it is black and white. Show me an antisocial kid, and I'll show you a messed up family.
    At least we agree on one thing: I'm a libertarian as well.

Even though INFJs are typically the more outgoing of the introverts, you should understand what it means to be antisocial. And if you don't, you should probably look again at your type.

Does that mean that all antisocial introverts on this forum come from a messed up family?

This is a gross overstatement, Aphrodite. I think you should reconsider it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Nature and nurture are not mutually exclusive, and either one can be single-handedly responsible for a psychologically unhealthy adult. The whole "blame the parent 100% of the time" mentality is pretty disgusting. Not every murderer was abused as a child, and not every abused child becomes a murderer. It clearly contributes in some cases, but isn't even close to a universal cause. I would have thought that this was so obvious that it doesn't need to be said, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I find it interesting that the non-Americans here didn't pile up on Norway and its gun control laws when they were dealing with a tragic mass killing.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...attacks-6.html
    Huh? Norway already has pretty strict gun laws, certainly compared to the US. It makes more sense to look at the situation to see which things could be easily changed and which would be the most effective efforts. If a country is already very good at something, improving it further is (generally speaking) less effective than improving a major weakness. Increased gun control laws would be far more noticeable in a country where many people have multiple guns vs. a country where few people use guns, which is partially why they're more difficult/unpopular to implement in the former situation.

There's also a huge difference between one horrible isolated event vs. a clear pattern of similar and tragically common events. When you see something happening over and over again, you start wondering about how it could be prevented or reduced. I don't think anyone is saying that gun control would ever eliminate mass shootings, but it's not unreasonable to wonder if reduced access to assault weapons might reduce the number of assault weapons which are used to kill people very effectively in a short period of time.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned

That makes no sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Nature and nurture are not mutually exclusive, and either one can be single-handedly responsible for a psychologically unhealthy adult. The whole "blame the parent 100% of the time" mentality is pretty disgusting. Not every murderer was abused as a child, and not every abused child becomes a murderer. It clearly contributes in some cases, but isn't even close to a universal cause. I would have thought that this was so obvious that it doesn't need to be said, but I guess not.
    Exactly. Thanks for articulating that so succinctly. I've backspaced over about ten paragraphs of tl;dr on the topic.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Even though INFJs are typically the more outgoing of the introverts, you should understand what it means to be antisocial. And if you don't, you should probably look again at your type.

Does that mean that all antisocial introverts on this forum come from a messed up family?

This is a gross overstatement, Aphrodite. I think you should reconsider it.

At least we agree on one thing: I'm a libertarian as well.
    I think I have a rather good grasp on antisocial behavior.

Are there antisocial introverts on this forum that you know? Yeah, I stand by what I said. Is that going to cause me MORE problems?

I mean what I say and say what I mean. Show me a normal family that has produced an antisocial kid.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Show me a normal family that has produced an antisocial kid.
    Show me a normal family.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

That is a semantics circle jerk.

Don't insult our intelligence, please.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

ByMySword

Are there antisocial introverts on this forum that you know?

Show me a normal family that has produced an antisocial kid.
    This guy on both counts.

And I'm sure there are others. How introverts behave on this forum is quite different often times from how they behave in real life. This forum gives them a healthy medium to be more social than they actually are.

Kudos to Randomnity's comment. lol