First 33414243444553 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Sadly, it's the same old story: the idiots ruin it for everybody.
    Very true! Unfortunately, sometimes the law-breaker isn't the only idiot in the story. ^_^

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

ok this makes everything clear. there is soo much there, many reasons why he would go off the cliff. i can understand the threat to the loss of his personal freedom.

probably a possibility of his mom making things up to get guardianship over him, to have him committed.
    i can see there is a bit of a stigma with mental illness and societies fear of it, possibly pushing Those people to the outer skirts of society and forgotten.

now, what im wondering is, did he not measure up to societys expectations? or his moms?

his mom sounds like the kind of person that would show love to everyone else but her own.

why did not mom have guns in the home, if she knew her son was not stable and he could easily wrestle them away from her? why not use a non lethal weapon, if she felt fear for her own safety from her son?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I came across these articles on another site, and I found them amusing, so I'll share.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/calls-...8#.UNFYnG9ZWHc

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...icut-massacre/

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I came across these articles on another site, and I found them amusing, so I'll share.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/calls-...8#.UNFYnG9ZWHc

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...icut-massacre/
    Yeah I caught wind of that, here and there of people saying "If you want mags and ammo, buy em now!"

They can get away with that because a buyback attempt would just be laughed at.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I really wish they would stop putting "Adam Lanza suffered from Asperger's syndrome/a form of autism" in every article, like it has something to do with what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I really wish they would stop putting "Adam Lanza suffered from Asperger's syndrome/a form of autism" in every article, like it has something to do with what he did.
    I imagine it has. Suffering from Asperger's syndrome was part of who he was, and who he was at that time made him to do what he did. What is wrong about this kind of journalism is that it suggests the idea of the cause. There is no one cause but a whole army of factors that come together in producing these incidents.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I can see where this would be upsetting for some. The trouble is that when they say he suffered from autism, it leads uninformed people to assume that everyone in the spectrum is dangerous, which obviously isn't the case. Anyway, I've turned off the news, as it just aggravates me with all the misinformation that's being regurgitated.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I imagine it has. Suffering from Asperger's syndrome was part of who he was, and who he was at that time made him to do what he did. What is wrong about this kind of journalism is that it suggests the idea of the cause. There is no one cause but a whole army of factors that come together in producing these incidents.
    Then it has no more relevance than the fact that he was white or male, which are also part of who he was at the time. People with autism are actually much less likely to commit violent crimes than people without it. They're much more likely to be victims of crime, or to harm themselves. Adam Lanza had a very complicated psychiatric profile (he had other things going on besides being autistic, if he was, which I'm not sure is even established beyond hearsay at this point) and easy access to his mother's firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Then it has no more relevance than the fact that he was white or male, which are also part of who he was at the time. People with autism are actually much less likely to commit violent crimes than people without it. They're much more likely to be victims of crime, or to harm themselves. Adam Lanza had a very complicated psychiatric profile (he had other things going on besides being autistic, if he was, which I'm not sure is even established beyond hearsay at this point) and easy access to his mother's firearms.
    I agree. We could, of course, try to make out different degrees of causality, but that should prove to be an impossible task with regards to his psychological condition, because we cannot simply subtract autism from Adam Lanza without losing Adam Lanza.