User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    SK, banning guns would simply change how people get them. If they want a gun, they'll get it. It's not difficult.
    This must be why Europe is full of guns and has so many school massacres.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

People are really freaking out right now. I was driving down the street the other day and I saw a man blasting the song, "Pumped up Kicks" the day after the shooting. There was literally an angry mob that chased down the car and threw a rock through the driver's side window. Damn!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Neither will the guy shooting at them.
    ....who is likely to have about as difficult a time acquiring an illegal weapon as a college student getting heroin....in the meantime, it gives the victim a better chance overall (especially against multiple assailants/intruders who wisely choose not to use guns themselves, as it drastically increases their prison sentence).

Go start a thread about Europe.

Neither will the guy shooting at them.
    You're right, assuming you can get rid of all illegal semi-automatic guns in the first place.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    I don't care about NRA strategies, I'm not in the NRA and I don't own semi-automatic rifles and I don't care what Boener says because i'm not a Republican.

There are obviously problems that require effective solutions. Is your second post a statement that you do not have a solution? If not, what is your solution?
    You should care about the NRA's stategies, because unless you say something, they are speaking for you.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Are you talking about Europe or the UK? Cause if you actually look at countries ranked by number of guns per capita, the bulk of the top 20 countries are found in Western Europe.

Number 4, Switzerland, is actually kind of interesting as it has such a low violent crime rate. This was a comment made on a NYTimes article I was reading that I think is relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by New York Times Commenter
    Every Swiss man under the age of 30 has a government-issued, fully-automatic assault rifle and a semi-automatic pistol in his home. He has been trained extensively by the military to use both weapons, and he is given the option to keep them upon being discharged from military service.

These guns fire bullets identical to the ones used in the Newton massacre. Moreover, the Swiss government actually subsidizes ammunition purchases for private (non-military) citizens and provides them free training, in addition to the training provided to military-age men.

There is roughly 1 gun for every 8 people (children + adults) in Switzerland and approximately half of them are assault rifles. There are less than 100 homicides in Switzerland per year and not all homicides are committed with guns.

Blaming guns and infringing on the rights of lawful U.S. gun owners is a grave mistake. Revoking gun ownership rights is a weak attempt to treat a single symptom of the virulent social disease that is spreading senseless violence throughout our country. Time and resources spent treating a symptom cannot be spent treating the underlying disease, which will simply manifest itself in different ways.

The questions we should be asking are: How are violent extremists created in American society, and how do you stop someone who is willing to die in order to kill others?
    The question he poses at the end is pretty compelling, I think. What are your thoughts on it?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Are you talking about Europe or the UK? Cause if you actually look at countries ranked by number of guns per capita, the bulk of the top 20 countries are found in Western Europe.
    From that link (though I don't know how reliable would be the figures for Iraq and Yemen):

you forgot to mention that the US has double the amount as Switzerland:

United States 88.8 1
    Serbia 58.2 2
    Yemen 54.8 3
    Switzerland 45.7

Number 4, Switzerland, is actually kind of interesting as it has such a low violent crime rate. This was a comment made on a NYTimes article I was reading that I think is relevant:
    Switzerland is very different to the US.

If you couldn't buy guns like sweets ("candy") in the US, you would have less massacres.

The question he poses at the end is pretty compelling, I think. What are your thoughts on it?
    When he has fixed humanity he can let me know. though by then nobody will need guns anyway, will they?

Until then, some solution is better than no solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    You should care about the NRA's stategies, because unless you say something, they are speaking for you.
    Paraphrase: "No, I have no solution. Sorry for wasting your time."
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'll be prefectly frank with you all the shit that's going down in my part of the world right now I'd be happier with a well stocked personal armoury. Also a fortified house and car.