User Tag List

First 123451353 Last

Is Obama's 'This has happened too often' a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    The more attention the media pays to the shooter and not the victims ensures there will be more shootings.
    ^This. It's instant celebrity/immortality for someone who doesn't deserve it. It's the people who died & their families who deserve the attention.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I live less than five miles away from Newtown. They locked all the doors to our school until the end of the day and cancelled all after school and weekend activities. It really makes me sick, how someone could kill children.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FireShield98 View Post
    I live less than five miles away from Newtown. They locked all the doors to our school until the end of the day and cancelled all after school and weekend activities. It really makes me sick, how someone could kill children.
    Sorry to hear that. It must be especially scary when you're so close. I'm sure some people will have younger siblings who were affected directly or indirectly. Awful.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It must be especially scary when you're so close. I'm sure some people will have younger siblings who were affected directly or indirectly. Awful.
    Yeah, there are definitely people in my school who have connections to those involved.

However, it's not the distance that affects me so much, but the fact that 18 kids from kindergarten through fourth grade were killed... and while I do feel bad for their families and friends, I am much more concerned about the effects on the kids that witnessed it happen. That someone could be so cruel and heartless as to kill innocent children... it makes me sick. Shootings are always tragic, but to kill little kids... I've never felt such a strong combination of hatred and sadness.

FigerPuppet

I hope he roasts in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't mean to make light of a really, really awful situation. Supposedly at least 27 dead, at least 20 of which were children. It's really tragic. But every time this happens.... Inevitably there are some poor schmucks on Facebook who have the same name as the killer... And the sheer volume of activity their social media sites get is almost comical.

This poor kid's Facebook has been cited by CNN. His pictures and 'likes' are being posted all over the internet. he had to deactivate his facebook.... And it's not him.
    That must be quite bizarre for him: The killer is his brother!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    The more attention the media pays to the shooter and not the victims ensures there will be more shootings.
    Agree, but as far as I'm concerned, once the facts of what happened are announced, there shouldn't be any media coverage of any of it - including the exposes/interviews of the survivors and victims' families.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Apparently they were citing his video game tastes (first person shooters) and his music tastes (Guns n Roses), as well as showing a picture of him with his hands 'mocking two guns' and had a psychologist commenting on all that.

And it's not even the shooter.
    i wonder if you could make an algorithm to figure out likely shooters based on their facebook posts, likes, and interest. probably
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.