User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    @Victor, you're the one here who seems to not be able to let everyone and things be. Good luck with that, man.
    Who are you kidding? The USA treats the tribes of the Middle East in the same way Rome treated the tribes of Germany. And with the same result.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    Already yet another movie theater shooting before I could even comment on the school shooting. I had an opinion but I've already lost my train of thought due to anger and disgust! It truly is a sad time. Enjoy your "well regulated militia" 2nd Amenders.
    Settle down with your accusations, damit. This is exactly the kind of thing that is counter productive and will ensure that gun extremists never give up on this.

I was just about to make a thread to talk about why I think we need much heavier gun laws, too.

Two people were injured in that recent theater shooting. This excites you just now? That goes on every day if you were not aware. There's no point in screaming 'yet another one' as if they are even comparable.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Settle down with your accusations, damit. This is exactly the kind of thing that is counter productive and will ensure that gun extremists never give up on this.

I was just about to make a thread to talk about why I think we need much heavier gun laws, too.

Two people were injured in that recent theater shooting. This excites you just now? That goes on every day if you were not aware. There's no point in screaming 'yet another one' as if they are even comparable.
    I am aware. And I am disgusted that every time it happens (daily) all the stupid fucknuts rallying around the 2nd Amendment call for even less gun control. And as far as the newest shooting is concerned, they are totally comparable. The only difference is that one shooter had a higher success rate. When do we stop pretending that it is still 1776 and do something about it? Like it or not, the times have changed and what was good over 200 years ago does not apply today.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I am aware. And I am disgusted that every time it happens (daily) all the stupid fucknuts rallying around the 2nd Amendment call for even less gun control. And as far as the newest shooting is concerned, they are totally comparable. The only difference is that one shooter had a higher success rate. When do we stop pretending that it is still 1776 and do something about it? Like it or not, the times have changed and what was good over 200 years ago does not apply today.
    Kyahaha. Sprinkles is right about one thing; talking like that isn't going to get you very far. Have fun further alienating those whom you need to convince to come to your side.

MBTI
    INFJ

Obama and what's her name is already talking about bringing back the assault weapons ban - which I don't think will work because the initial ban was retarded and also didn't work because it was made by people who don't understand weapons. They pretty much banned the guns that look scary.

What kind of shit do people do when they make a slap happy 'assault weapons ban' when they know nothing about guns and are just reacting? They ban cosmetic features like pistol grips and grenade launcher mounts. They ban other stupid things like threaded barrels. How many people have used a suppressor or a grenade launcher in a crime lately? I haven't heard of any at all.

That is the kind of stuff our government does when it has a kneejerk reaction and it does nothing to solve gun crime which is mostly done with pistols anyway. Ban the guns that look scary because we are scared of them is their reaction.

The fact is though that gun manufacturers and lobbyists are very powerful and we need their vote to truly accomplish anything significant, and we aren't going to get it by pissing them off.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Kyahaha. Sprinkles is right about one thing; talking like that isn't going to get you very far. Have fun further alienating those whom you need to convince to come to your side.
    Who am I alienating? Those who I don't agree with? I'm ok with that. Agreeing with them sure hasn't worked, do you have any ideas to further the conversation or do you think we should just throw up our hands and say "Oh well"?

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Obama and what's her name is already talking about bringing back the assault weapons ban - which I don't think will work because the initial ban was retarded and also didn't work because it was made by people who don't understand weapons. They pretty much banned the guns that look scary.

What kind of shit do people do when they make a slap happy 'assault weapons ban' when they know nothing about guns and are just reacting? They ban cosmetic features like pistol grips and grenade launcher mounts. They ban other stupid things like threaded barrels. How many people have used a suppressor or a grenade launcher in a crime lately? I haven't heard of any at all.

That is the kind of stuff our government does when it has a kneejerk reaction and it does nothing to solve gun crime which is mostly done with pistols anyway. Ban the guns that look scary because we are scared of them is their reaction.

The fact is though that gun manufacturers and lobbyists are very powerful and we need their vote to truly accomplish anything significant, and we aren't going to get it by pissing them off.
    I agree with that, are we on the same side here? However, I am not afraid to piss them off. More importantly, I want to piss off the people that are on the fence or hemming and hawwing on the issue to get them pissed off at the manufacturers and lobbyists. I know its not an instant cure-all, but it would be a good start and better than what is going on now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Who am I alienating? Those who I don't agree with? I'm ok with that. Agreeing with them sure hasn't worked, do you have any ideas to further the conversation or do you think we should just throw up our hands and say "Oh well"?
    ...And that's why society is becoming more and more polarized.

Hehe. Keep it up then. It's amusing.

Nah, I'm getting sick of trying to explain my side to those who won't hear it.

MBTI
    INFJ

I agree with that, are we on the same side here? However, I am not afraid to piss them off. More importantly, I want to piss off the people that are on the fence or hemming and hawwing on the issue to get them pissed off at the manufacturers and lobbyists. I know its not an instant cure-all, but it would be a good start and better than what is going on now.
    Yeah. Just don't listen to Feinstein, though. She's still convinced that her 1994 plan actually worked, too.

What they did in 1994 was a sham to appease people and get approval. It wasn't based in the real world at all.

The M1A rifle is a good example of a rifle patterned after a military battle rifle - the M14. That's a serious weapon. It looks deceptive because of the simple wooden stock. It doesn't look aggressive like an AR or other modern rifle, and could easily be confused for a hunting rifle from a distance.

The M1A slipped under the weapons ban simply by removing the bayonet lug. Those that had a flash suppressor had it replaced with a muzzle brake.

Also the 10 round limit on mags is more inconvenient than anything else.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    ...And that's why society is becoming more and more polarized.

Hehe. Keep it up then. It's amusing.

Nah, I'm getting sick of trying to explain my side to those who won't hear it.
    I am more than willing to listen to other opinions, unfortunately they never seem to want to give them. They won't say exactly why they belive all weapons should be legal. They just keep saying 2nd Amend., hunting, protection etc.. Is there a lot of hunting in suburban Connecticut? Portland Oregon? San Antonio? Are "The British coming"? Why the need for all the guns?
    This reminds me of the gay marriage thread..."I'm against it but I can't give a good reason why". I respect your opinion, but I would respect it more if you had one. If you're gonna get into it then get into it and state an opinion.
    PS...Glad I could amuse you

MBTI
    INFJ

I am more than willing to listen to other opinions, unfortunately they never seem to want to give them. They won't say exactly why they belive all weapons should be legal. They just keep saying 2nd Amend., hunting, protection etc.. Is there a lot of hunting in suburban Connecticut? Portland Oregon? San Antonio? Are "The British coming"? Why the need for all the guns?
    This reminds me of the gay marriage thread..."I'm against it but I can't give a good reason why". I respect your opinion, but I would respect it more if you had one. If you're gonna get into it then get into it and state an opinion.
    PS...Glad I could amuse you
    You know, I was just thinking.

Maybe it would be more useful if instead of people asking "Why do you need this?" we instead ask "If you really want this, why aren't you willing to do the training course and annual license, and be a member of this authorized shooting range?"

I think that is the more relevant question here.

Edit: also hunters are everywhere. People have cars and like to drive them to where the deer are.
    Lots of hunters where I live and you have to drive a good 45 minutes to even consider seeing something to shoot at.