User Tag List

First 12341252 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Here's one that goes up to 2010

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...10shrtbl08.xls

Is violence actually declining, but becoming more conspicuous because it's popular to talk about?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't mean to make light of a really, really awful situation. Supposedly at least 27 dead, at least 20 of which were children. It's really tragic. But every time this happens.... Inevitably there are some poor schmucks on Facebook who have the same name as the killer... And the sheer volume of activity their social media sites get is almost comical.

This poor kid's Facebook has been cited by CNN. His pictures and 'likes' are being posted all over the internet. he had to deactivate his facebook.... And it's not him.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFJ

@Patches yeah it's part of the media frenzy. It's sensational.

Looking at the world via media is like looking at the world through a funhouse mirror. The kind that makes everything distorted and wobbly.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Yep, pretty crazy.

22 children were injured in a knife attack in China today as well.
    are they dead?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Very sad news.
    @Patches - Yeah, that would suck. Kinda like that old guy Justin Bieber on facebook (assuming that's not fake, which it very well could be). Social networking can be destructive that way.

edit: oh I missed the part where they picked apart his profile details in the media. Yeah, that's brutal.
    -end of thread-

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Looking at the world via media is like looking at the world through a funhouse mirror. The kind that makes everything distorted and wobbly.
    Apparently they were citing his video game tastes (first person shooters) and his music tastes (Guns n Roses), as well as showing a picture of him with his hands 'mocking two guns' and had a psychologist commenting on all that.

And it's not even the shooter.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Apparently they were citing his video game tastes (first person shooters) and his music tastes (Guns n Roses), as well as showing a picture of him with his hands 'mocking two guns' and had a psychologist commenting on all that.

And it's not even the shooter.
    I'm not sure I could even take that seriously if I was him. Like maybe the whole America was trolling me.. It'd be a good excuse to make CNN take me on a vacation paid, too.

... On a completely unrelated note, I'm really glad I don't have a common last name.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    9w8

My heart goes out to the parents and families of these little kids. Nothing makes an act like this okay. It doesn't matter if it's with knives or guns, if it's in China or Conn. The fact is that one man's decision has changed the lives of many people, scarred the memories of children and broken the hearts of teachers and parents beyond comprehension. I don't blame guns and knives. They are only tools, A tool is inanimate. It takes a human being who has lost his/her sense of what it means to be humane to do something like this. For me, in my mind...nothing justifies a decision to kill or hurt innocent children...nothing.

The more attention the media pays to the shooter and not the victims ensures there will be more shootings.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Great empires often fall from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    The more attention the media pays to the shooter and not the victims ensures there will be more shootings.
    This is so true. Few in the media are willing to take a step back and think about what they are doing, the implications of their own selfish actions, and their role as the perpetrator of future shootings. Action and speaking trumps thought and reflection.