User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Something that no one ever talks about that kind of surprises me is how easy it is for people to label someone evil in a "murder-suicide". If they commit suicide, the psychology of everything changes. Someone who ends their life doesn't have a grandiose image of themselves over other people. They probably don't think very positively in terms of them-self, as well as other people. Suicide is preemptive and defensive to what is seen as an existence not worth living, I would think.

MBTI
    INFJ

@Little_Sticks

Yeah. I think something needs to be looked at, though. Frankly, certain gun fanatics scare me a bit and I don't scare easily.

But it's not the reactionary people that need to do the looking, and it's not the people across the ocean that need to do the looking either.

We have people who protest too much on both sides of it and that kinda needs to stop, too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

The shooter's mother had a survivalist mentality and was stockpiling guns because of where she saw the country and the economy going, according to the mother's sister-in-law in an interview tonight on TV.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

"The weapon lobby already reacted and stated that shootings like these are the reason why you need to be allowed to wear a gun to school"

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    "The weapon lobby already reacted and stated that shootings like these are the reason why you need to be allowed to wear a gun to school"

the schools i went to had a pair of sheriff's deputies from 7am-6pm. i think it's a good idea. If the cost is prohibitive for poorer communities, a few trained teachers would suffice.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

A society where noone would wear a gun would be the best idea
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

Just gonna throw it out there. Crazy people who shoot up schools and such, the guys who just snap? They have ALOT less bodies on them than the sane people in perfect control of their faculties. US drone strikes have killed more than 130 children so far.
    Not saying these shootings and stabbings aren't tragic, just that there's more pressing things to be up in arms about.
    On another note; it ain't the guns. It's us.
    A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    The shooter's mother had a survivalist mentality and was stockpiling guns because of where she saw the country and the economy going, according to the mother's sister-in-law in an interview tonight on TV.
    What constitutes stockpiling?

What do you consider survivalist?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What constitutes stockpiling?

What do you consider survivalist?
    These are not my words. They are the words of the mother's sister-in-law. I'm just passing along what she said in an interview I saw on the TV. What I think isn't really relevant information since I don't know any of the people involved personally, and I wouldn't presume to try to interpret what the sister-in-law meant by those terms.

Here is an article that quotes her. Though it isn't exactly what she said in the interview that I saw, it is saying pretty much the same thing.

Marsha said [Nancy] had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. She added: ‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense.

‘She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.’
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    A society where noone would wear a gun would be the best idea
    It's okay to be idealistic, but you should understand why banning guns wouldn't work here.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”