User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 62

  1. #11
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Then I must say to you that entire world is watching.Even the details who will win in some state - Obama of Hillary and whit what ratio. But this part of elections is over.
    They are watching because everybody will arange their policy toward the result of this elections.
    For many small countrys elections in US are more important then their local ones.

    And now I have asked entire world why they think like that because it looks to me that this elections will not solve any larger problem.

    5 steps is just a metaphor. But US in few moments was ahead of others for significant amount.
    I think you've just answered your own question. If many countries are rearranging their policies around the US elections then they have a big impact even if the US President doesn't directly do anything to that country. It's something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    Overall though I still don't understand your argument. To me it sounds like you are arguing against a straw man. "Everyone believes this, but I say they are wrong." Could you give me some examples of ways in which the US was so far ahead and now they are not? After you give those examples could you explain how these events came about completely independently from government involvement? If you can do that sufficiently, then I will buy your argument. If not, then I must assume you are arguing against a straw man.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  2. #12
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Are you for real?



    Anywho...

    Society is structured into a small ruling class and a large poor class. This has been made possible because the ruling class gained control over the media via ownership and control of the government through lobbying and endorsing politicians. The ruling class has hijacked democracy by utilizing ownership of the media to manufacture consent among public opinion by inspiring fear in the public for the purpose of promoting the interest of "national defense". They have done so in order to build a large military industrial complex which is now utilized to obtain foreign resources through brute force and to subjugate any domestic dissenters. That is the current state of the United States, and why the elections truly don't matter.

    A large poor class? In the United States? A large lower-middle class/working class, yes. But poor? Not nearly as much.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #13
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    A large poor class? In the United States? A large lower-middle class/working class, yes. But poor? Not nearly as much.
    Are you seriously that unaware of the current distribution of wealth? Our middle class is shrinking at an unprecedented rate. The top 1% own 33% of the nation's wealth. The top 1% has also seen over 90% of the income growth since the 1970s. The working poor is the fastest growing class, and as inflation continues to rise, but wages stagnate, they will be the next impoverished class. Wake up man; we live in a two class society! There is the ultra wealthy billionaires in one class and everybody else in the other class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  4. #14
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Are you seriously that unaware of the current distribution of wealth? Our middle class is shrinking at an unprecedented rate. The top 1% own 33% of the nation's wealth. The top 1% has also seen over 90% of the income growth since the 1970s. The working poor is the fastest growing class, and as inflation continues to rise, but wages stagnate, they will be the next impoverished class. Wake up man; we live in a two class society! There is the ultra wealthy billionaires in one class and everybody else in the other class.
    Inequality in wealth does not equal people getting poorer in absolute terms. You know that. There is still a gigantic middle class in the United States (estimates of @40-46% of the population; with the poor underclass in the range of 12-15%). You're being really alarmist and twisting statistics around.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #15
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Are you for real?
    uhhh...yes?

    No, wait, no! Aw crap, the question is too hard, can I get a new one?

  6. #16
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    uhhh...yes?

    No, wait, no! Aw crap, the question is too hard, can I get a new one?
    what, reality?

  7. #17
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    antisocial, your thinking that somehow, magically, the US is going to take a couple hits of power as other countries develop economically is flawed. The US will only gain and become richer as the world develops, just as we become richer as China develops. same with Russia, it doesn't matter because we will still be a bastion of capitalism. Why do you think we spend so much on Iraq, monetarily, politcally and with the blood of our young? It's not because the neocons give a damn about the Iraqis. Rather it's because the world is so fundamentally linked economically that we have as much to gain from a stabilized, growing Middle East as Iraqis do. What they think about our pressence there is irrelevant to the goal of a thriving, peaceful middle east, which will be realized. Economic growth is NOT a zero sum game; it's progressive AND collective. If you have any doubt of the US's continual importance in the future world economy, just look at what happened once our housing market went to shit - the ENTIRE WORLD got poorer and international banks puckered up their assholes very tightly.

    You are right, however, insofar as not much changes from democrat to republican president, Obama or Mccain. As far as the world is concerned there is no difference because, thankfully, neither the resolve of the United States government nor it's free market enthusiasm do not hinge on who gets elected into office. Barring some bickering about taxes and the distribution of wealth, our ethics are fixated.

    Personally, I'm for Obama just on the premise that he's black and is probably the most likely candidate to change the War on Drugs and decriminalize weed. Put a guy like that in the office and we will have a fresh page in which to interact with the international community, especially South America.

  8. #18
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    what, reality?
    I think I'm a lot more in touch with reality than the "taxing the rich is the answer!" crowd.

  9. #19
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    uhhh...yes?

    No, wait, no! Aw crap, the question is too hard, can I get a new one?
    I've always wanted to meet one of you!

    Okay...since Jesus is coming back is it alright if we trash the environment since he will fix everything once he gets here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  10. #20
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I've always wanted to meet one of you!

    Okay...since Jesus is coming back is it alright if we trash the environment since he will fix everything once he gets here?
    Yes, damn it. Go nuts! I try to buy as much styrofoam as I can, personally. When I'm feeling stressed, I beat up the Lorax that I keep in my basement.

Similar Threads

  1. what if taxes in usa
    By INTP in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 10:12 AM
  2. Are Introverts Low Energy In General? Are Extroverts High Energy?
    By NotOfTwo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 10:36 PM
  3. [ENTJ] ENTJ's: if in love, are there any romantic gestures you appreciate?
    By wrldisquiethere in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
  4. [MBTItm] People, in general, are bad
    By thisGuy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
  5. DNA database for Newborns in USA?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO