User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 74

  1. #41
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    both inequality AND injustices... skipping the conjunction can change the interpretation

    and I'm not going to bother arguing with you SG... I find your arguments to be uneducated and your style repetitive and a waste of my time... if you could provide facts instead of conspiracy theories it might be a different story
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #42
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Inequality is not necessarly injustice. It's only in the socialist mind that a big guy sit down next to a slim guy have necessarly caused an injustice to the slim one.

    I certainly never talked about conspiracy theories, though.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #43
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Inequality is not necessarly injustice. It's only in the socialist mind that a big guy sit down next to a slim guy have necessarly caused an injustice to the slim one.

    I certainly never talked about conspiracy theories, though.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #44
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Inequality is not necessarly injustice. It's only in the socialist mind that a big guy sit down next to a slim guy have necessarly caused an injustice to the slim one.

    I certainly never talked about conspiracy theories, though.
    What are you on about? What would you know about the socialist mind? I've read far and wide in socialist sources and never encountered what you're talking about

  5. #45
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What are you on about? What would you know about the socialist mind? I've read far and wide in socialist sources and never encountered what you're talking about
    An example of that bias in the socialist mind is Whatever's post.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  6. #46
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    An example of that bias in the socialist mind is Whatever's post.
    you're wrong... but then again, how should I expect you to figure out how my mind works and whether or not it's socialist?

    once again, some people are too special to really bother with...

    and don't capitalize my username... you're using it wrong there
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #47
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    An example of that bias in the socialist mind is Whatever's post.
    No that's an example of you thinking you can employ a straw man when your argument founders and has no basis in fact.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you're wrong... but then again, how should I expect you to figure out how my mind works and whether or not it's socialist?

    once again, some people are too special to really bother with...

    and don't capitalize my username... you're using it wrong there
    Its a dumb argument in any case, I could as easily say I'm a socialist, my "socialist" mind does not consider the sort of ridiculous egalitarianism mentioned anything to do with socialism ergo SG's point about the "socialist mind" is nonsense.

    I tend to think that SG isnt very old or is one of the uneducated richy richs.

  9. #49
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its a dumb argument in any case, I could as easily say I'm a socialist, my "socialist" mind does not consider the sort of ridiculous egalitarianism mentioned anything to do with socialism ergo SG's point about the "socialist mind" is nonsense.
    whatev talk about economic inequality and social injustices. A typical socialist truism is taht theses two things are the same. If she don't agree with that truism, wya does she talk about this? What is a "social injustice" anyway?

    BTW, capitalism is not a "cultural phenomena" but the economic model which rise the most spontenously in a society of freedom.


    If I'am uneducated, you seem even worse. What knowledge have you ever brought on the table?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #50
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    whatev talk about economic inequality and social injustices. A typical socialist truism is taht theses two things are the same. If she don't agree with that truism, wya does she talk about this? What is a "social injustice" anyway?

    BTW, capitalism is not a "cultural phenomena" but the economic model which rise the most spontenously in a society of freedom.


    If I'am uneducated, you seem even worse. What knowledge have you ever brought on the table?
    No, you see this is where you're mistaken, because someone disagrees with you and whups you in a discussion in a way you dont even begin to approach an understanding of doesn not mean they "seem even worse".

    Capitalism isnt a cultural phenomenon, culture is important to it emerging or remaining, or havent you heard of the Weber's The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism (I'd not be surprised if you hadnt) and if you're agreeing with Marx now that its an economic model well that's progress too.

    The idea about capitalism spontaneously springing up is ahistorical BS which not even any of the major capitalists theorists are too keen on. I'm sure the tea party will get the memo eventually.

Similar Threads

  1. is the american dream dead?
    By miss fortune in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-15-2017, 10:02 PM
  2. The importance of math, statistics and facts in life
    By Virtual ghost in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
  3. Closing of the American Mind - a review
    By Sniffles in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO